Presidents Day Weekend Crowds

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
A lot of bodies ar Epcot, although the new walkways are funneling a lot of people through certain walkways.
DSC05108-1.jpg

po1998

Quoting this here because it seems very relevant.
Just further proof that TDO doesn't care about you, once you pass thru the gates. MM+ and the focus being on not standing in long lines is nonsense. Doesn't matter how much time you spend in lines, you will still find time to eat, drink and shop, and they know it.

TDO...the gift that keeps on giving.

...and just a side note to the OP, it's more a week long crowd issue than just the weekend. With huge number of school districts off for the week, the parks will be crazy. When my daughter was in grade school, we made the trek 2 or 3 times for Presidents Week. Not Christmas or Easter crazy, but crazy none the less.

Last edited:

FigmentForver96

Currently chilling in the pirates line. It’s crazy busy out here. We left Boma around 10 and it was easy a 5 mile line just to get into Animal Kingdom parking. I’ve personally enjoyed people watching more than riding lol

doctornick

Yeah, WDW is under capacity for the crowds it draws, as we all know. But at the very least, the powers that be can and should extend hours on expected busy times like this weekend. That is at least one way to increase the daily capacity for the benefit of the guests.

rct247

These days President's Day Weekend is worse than half of Thanksgiving week.

The crowds wouldn't be so bad if there were fully built out parks with high capacity attractions and rides that don't have so many downtimes.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
is it just me or does Disney really need to do something about disperse the crowds more at these parks (other than just raising ticket prices) - expansion, more efficient people eater shows/attractions, or dare I say another gate one day

skiir97

is it just me or does Disney really need to do something about disperse the crowds more at these parks (other than just raising ticket prices) - expansion, more efficient people eater shows/attractions, or dare I say another gate one day

They 100% do but why would they when the number of people paying to visit is increasing. This will only become an issue in their mind when attendance starts to drop.

Animaniac93-98

It won’t because they’ll just blame something else. They don’t understand why the idiots who visit are so obsessed with attractions and experience.

This thought occurred to me the other day;

The 7.3 attractions in a day metric was determined around the year 2000, when a day's admission to Disney World was $46 ($69 with inflation).

Now it's at least $109 for a day's admission, but the daily metric hasn't changed.

For the current price to justify itself, you'd need to hit at least 11.5 attractions in a day, and it's increasingly hard to do so.

ToTBellHop

I went Presidents Week and Christmas Week 2019. Presidents Week was busier with less FP and ADR availability. Christmas is busy but people are kinda clueless so you can still do everything. Presidents Week guests are professional vacationers who go on the regular. So, for example, it’s slammed by 9:30 am. Christmas Week is pretty quiet til about 11 am and you can get 4th FPs for big rides. Presidents Week? Enjoy Figment.

TrainsOfDisney

I went Presidents Week and Christmas Week 2019. Presidents Week was busier with less FP and ADR availability. Christmas is busy but people are kinda clueless so you can still do everything. Presidents Week guests are professional vacationers who go on the regular. So, for example, it’s slammed by 9:30 am. Christmas Week is pretty quiet til about 11 am and you can get 4th FPs for big rides. Presidents Week? Enjoy Figment.

Christmas week also sees a lot of extra entertainment property wide and longer park operating hours.

I always visit the week of Christmas. Usually I’m there from the 27th on. Yes it’s crowded but the extra entertainment makes it all worth it for me.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

that's an interesting distinction that I'll remember going forward. My daughter is going to be a school ager which could potentially change everything.

cheezbat

This thought occurred to me the other day;

The 7.3 attractions in a day metric was determined around the year 2000, when a day's admission to Disney World was $46 ($69 with inflation).

Now it's at least $109 for a day's admission, but the daily metric hasn't changed.

For the current price to justify itself, you'd need to hit at least 11.5 attractions in a day, and it's increasingly hard to do so.
I agree with this. In all my visits recently, I realized if I didn’t experience 12 attractions a day, I wasn’t satisfied. I remember it being about 10 a day years ago...maybe it has something to do with amount of things I’ve done so many times now, or maybe subconsciously the money does play a part...but I find 12 being the lucky number for myself to feel like I had a ‘good’ day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom