Is Figments future looking bright?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Seems like Figments getting allot of play at Epcot, appearing in March, now has a big image on the walls and Epcot forever isn’t sparing with Imagination. All in all it looks like Imagination has a place in Epcot even after the changes but what is gojng to become of Imagination + Figment. With the way there playing him up I can’t see them leaving the Imagination pavilion the way it is.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
This type of thread has been discussed plenty of time although usually its "Figment is leaving and Inside Out is coming".
Figment is basically EPCOT's character icon.
He's not going anywhere and I do not believe they will remove him from the ride even if they do change the ride.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
This type of thread has been discussed plenty of time although usually its "Figment is leaving and Inside Out is coming".
He's not going anywhere and I do not believe they will remove him from the ride even if they do change the ride.
A part of me wonders if the story telling Spaceship Earth is going to be their way of making Journey into Imagination the entrance ride.

FullSailDan

He's not going anywhere right now, but his popularity is sort of niche. I'm not sure if it's the crowd that saw the old imagination, or the crowd just willing to forgive the current one. If Disney wants him to be the parks ambassador, you'd think they'd spend a few bucks to get his attraction back on track.

JIMINYCR

He's not going anywhere right now, but his popularity is sort of niche. I'm not sure if it's the crowd that saw the old imagination, or the crowd just willing to forgive the current one. If Disney wants him to be the parks ambassador, you'd think they'd spend a few bucks to get his attraction back on track.
Its going to be all about promotion. If Disney sees Figment as a character they can utilize and draw the interest they can make him and his attraction glorious again. i personally love the concept of the character as he was years ago ( Dreamfinder included) and am hoping they do him up big.

DemoniToonz

In the Parks
No
I believe that Disney has big plans for the imagination pavilion in the future. if you look closely at the concept art for Epcot’s overhaul you can see that the pavilion definitely looks different and the color scheme seems to resemble the one from the 80’s. I don’t see the current Figment attraction surviving into the future and can only hope they do something new And exciting with the beloved purple dragon. I’d personally love to see a Modern ride featuring Figment and Dreamfinder that utilizes the new technology available! This may just be wishful thinking but one can only hope.

FigmentJedi

I believe that Disney has big plans for the imagination pavilion in the future. if you look closely at the concept art for Epcot’s overhaul you can see that the pavilion definitely looks different and the color scheme seems to resemble the one from the 80’s. I don’t see the current Figment attraction surviving into the future and can only hope they do something new And exciting with the beloved purple dragon. I’d personally love to see a Modern ride featuring Figment and Dreamfinder that utilizes the new technology available! This may just be wishful thinking but one can only hope.
That's mostly because the Epcot Overhaul overview piece they've released is a photoshopped version of a 1982 painting. Imagination does have some touchups in the pyramids though with the clouds.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
The concept art shows Imagination untouched as of now except for the color scheme, if it’s accurate Imagination is goijg white or light blue again. Now to see what the inside brings. If the restore Imagination these changes are going to be allot forgivable. Over everything that’s the one thing I want to see restored to its origional glory over anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom