John Williams wins Grammy Award for "Galaxy's Edge Symphonic Suite"

Rteetz

I find it interesting that some of the best musical atmosphere is in the restrooms of Galaxies edge. The restroom by the droids near Toy Story in particular has some pretty good alien dance music.

Does background music permeate Harambe or Pandora? They put in an effort at GE but clearly decided to keep the land music-free. Disappointing to me but they could always change their mind
Pandora really only has background music at Satuli Canteen. The rest is “real” planet sounds and noises.

rreading

Pandora really only has background music at Satuli Canteen. The rest is “real” planet sounds and noises.

I thought that they might have been taking a page from AK...that they want you to be a participant in the adventure. To me, that wouldn’t preclude background music as part of the setting, but I guess they are trying to keep it “real”

Movielover

I thought that they might have been taking a page from AK...that they want you to be a participant in the adventure. To me, that wouldn’t preclude background music as part of the setting, but I guess they are trying to keep it “real”
While I wouldn't want the more larger pieces of the Star Wars musical themes like the Force theme or main fanfare playing all the time, the more melodic pieces would be a nice undertone for the land. Diagon Ally nailed this tone perfectly.

Magic Feather

I never totally understood why Pandora’s lack of BGM works so well for me but GE’s doesn’t.

Personally, I think an in theme way that best extends BGM is the have some variant of Imperial March follow Stormtroopers around the land (Solo showed that the tune was used as propaganda in universe), and to extend the BGM found on DB7’s Patio into the Marketplace (it makes sense that drummers would be playing music in that marketplace).
Those measures alone should help to bridge some gaps.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Wish this was on a CD......:angelic:. It is available on a record or MP3.....

Last edited:

Giss Neric

I have no problem blasting this soundtrack all over Black Spire Outpost. The sounds of those ships flying over guests are cool but forgettable. Even the Mandalorian theme sounds amazing.

HauntedMansionFLA

I never totally understood why Pandora’s lack of BGM works so well for me but GE’s doesn’t.

Personally, I think an in theme way that best extends BGM is the have some variant of Imperial March follow Stormtroopers around the land (Solo showed that the tune was used as propaganda in universe), and to extend the BGM found on DB7’s Patio into the Marketplace (it makes sense that drummers would be playing music in that marketplace).
Those measures alone should help to bridge some gaps.
I believe James Horner was going to write music for Pandora before tragically dying in a plane crash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom