Trip Report Rise of the Popcorn Bucket

Hello everyone & a warm welcome to you!! As always, lots of fun was had on this trip with the star of the show(besides J, of course;)) being none other than E's nemesis, the popcorn bucket!! I'm super excited to share our adventures with you!!

WHO: I think you know us but.....myself-Patti, R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants), my sister E & my super fun, partner in crime(in more ways than one on this trip) J!!
IMG_5674.JPG

WHEN: Friday, January 17th - Monday, January 20th(gotta go around those darn school schedules when you have family in the education field)

WHERE(I hope you're sitting down for this one!): Art of Animationo_O
IMG_5785.jpeg

There was no room at the inn at Riverside so we decided to stay here b/c we thought J would really like the Cars suite. In the end we created a monster b/c he has now decided that AoA is his favorite!!

PREAMBLE
We last left off with JSR smuggling the popcorn buckets out of his house for me. BTW--J was in on this too & I was very proud of him for keeping it a secret for so long!!
IMG_5002.JPEG

They were heading to WDW with me!! Also, you may be wondering why there are two. You see, E's hatred for the popcorn bucket didn't just start on our trip in November. A few years ago she, JSR & J were on a Disney cruise & JSR bought the Santa Mickey bucket that you see there. She couldn't stand it back then on the cruise & her feelings really haven't changed. If anything, they've gotten worse!!
IMG_5025.JPEG

We had a 3:50 flight b/c someone(the guy in education) had a half day of school & didn't want to miss work. We met at E's at 12:30 & JSR drove us to the airport. I had went to work that morning & before I left I bought a case of water & put 12 in my suitcase. My boss was busy making fun of me for not buying it in Disney. I told him I had the space in my suitcase & these bottles were for the room. Why spend $3.50 per bottle when I could spend $4.99 for a case of Aquafina?? BTW--it was well worth it. We only had 2 bottles left at the end of the trip!!

Check out J's cute suitcase!!
IMG_5026.JPEG

He's ready to go!! J said that he wanted me to sit next to him in the car. On the way to the airport he told me that he wanted to sit next to me on the plane & the ME. I asked E why he wanted to be my BFF. She said she didn't know but earlier that day out of the blue he told her, "I really like Aunt Patti". I think he saw jelly beans in his future!!
IMG_5027.JPEG

We checked our bags in at curbside & the Southwest agent started humming The March of the First Order when he saw J's suitcase. It was cute. He also profoundly thanked us for the tips b/c he said that it had been a slow day.
IMG_5029.JPEG

J was excited to get on the "monorail". Even though R was still in his work clothes he was somewhat in Disney mode with the Star Wars tie he was wearing!!
IMG_5030.JPEG

We went to TGI Friday's for lunch. We got some kind of combo platter & shared everything. The potstickers & breadsticks were especially good!! That wine wasn't bad either!!;)
IMG_5031.JPEG

Meanwhile, J was enjoying the cheese sticks!!
IMG_5032.JPEG

Last edited:

slipperalwaysfits

YES!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for starting this TR so quickly!! I can't wait to read the rest!!:geek::geek::bookworm:

R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants),

Good JOB! I love how you guys could get in a quick trip even with his work schedule! The school schedule can be rough in terms of taking a long weekend but I admire R's dedication!

In the end we created a monster b/c he has now decided that AoA is his favorite!!

It is cheaper than Riverside.....but I know you'll get back to Riverside!

BTW--J was in on this too & I was very proud of him for keeping it a secret for so long!!

GOOD JOB, J! I am 34 and can't keep a secret like that! :jawdrop::banghead:

Check out J's cute suitcase!!

LOVE IT!

"I really like Aunt Patti". I think he saw jelly beans in his future!!

In J's eyes, Jelly Beans are critical to the success of your upcoming mission!

riverside

Original Poster
I’m in, can’t wait to read about your latest adventure!
Thanks!! I'm glad you're here!!
Awesome title. :inlove:

Are you gonna have to change your screen name to AoA now?
Thank you!! Originally I was going to title it "The Return of the Popcorn Bucket" but when I used my head a bit more I came up with that!!

Absolutely not!! You should know me better than that!! ;) Don't you worry--we're booked to go "home" for our next trip!!

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 17TH

As we finished lunch I got the text that our room was ready!! While waiting for our server to bring the check R started talking about the last trip & slyly found a way to bring up the popcorn bucket & E right away started complaining about it!! Oh, if she only knew what she was in for!! :hilarious:
IMG_5033.PNG

E went to check the stroller in while I took J to get his traditional "start of the trip" car.
IMG_5035.JPEG

He's running out of options b/c he has too many so he started looking at other things.
IMG_5036.JPEG

In the end he ended up with a police car & some kind of building toy. E told him he couldn't open it on the plane b/c she knew the pieces would end up everywhere.
IMG_5039.JPEG

We stopped at the Sarris candy store & Starbucks.
IMG_5040.JPEG

I can honestly say this was The. Worst. Cup. Of. Coffee. I. Ever. Had.:hungover:
IMG_5041.JPEG

R, E & J got in line for family boarding. I was busy on the phone. I have an 85 year old uncle in a nursing home who isn't doing well. I noticed he had called me twice so I figured something was wrong. I thought I may not be able to get on the plane b/c he was so worked up that he sounded like he could barely breathe I thought something was seriously wrong. If he wasn't in a nursing home I would have hung up & called 911. When I got him to somewhat calm down he told me that he & his sister(who's 80) had a disagreement over the phone & he wanted me to call her & tell her he doesn't want to see her anymore. I told him to settle down & knock it off(not being mean but he acts like a spoiled brat a lot of the time). I called her & she was flipping out about him(rightfully so). So, as I should be excited getting ready to leave for my mini vacation I instead got stressed out b/c I became a last minute referee for Family Feud.

In J's left hand is the bag that had his police car & building toy in it. In his right hand was a gift from a friend of mine. She was headed to Disney on that flight also!! She knew we were staying at AoA so she got J a Cars blanket & an activity book for the plane!! She's so sweet!! I didn't get to see J's reaction when she gave it to him b/c I was busy trying to stop WWIII!!:banghead:
IMG_5042.JPEG

See you on the plane!!
IMG_5043.JPEG

My friend & her husband were in a later boarding group so we finally got a chance to talk. You may remember her from one of my previous TR's. We were in Disney at the same time in June last year & we met up at AK. Can you tell we have the same habits?? :hilarious:
IMG_5044.JPEG

There's J's stroller--that almost didn't make it. As we were loading up the car I asked E if she decided to cut ties with the stroller for this trip. She said no & asked why. I told her b/c it was nowhere to be found. Here, she had forgot about it & had to go back in the house to get it!!
IMG_5045.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
YES!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for starting this TR so quickly!! I can't wait to read the rest!!:geek::geek::bookworm:
You're more than welcome & thanks for reading!!
Good JOB! I love how you guys could get in a quick trip even with his work schedule! The school schedule can be rough in terms of taking a long weekend but I admire R's dedication!
What would of been better would have been to leave him behind then we could have went longer!!:joyfull: JK--he is very dedicated & I know it's important to him to set a good example b/c he's the principal.
It is cheaper than Riverside.....but I know you'll get back to Riverside!
That was a definite plus!! Staying there saved us all quite a bit of money but it is back to Riverside next time!!
GOOD JOB, J! I am 34 and can't keep a secret like that! :jawdrop::banghead:
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
I’m in and can’t wait to see the drama unfold don’t think I’ve ever been here’s this early for one of your trip reports!
The drama was pretty funny!! Glad to have you here!!
Yay! 🙌 Count me in! :joyfull:

Can't wait to read all about your fun adventures.
Now, with not one, but TWO 🍿🍿!! Also, very interested in your opinions about AoA.
Yay!! Glad you're here!!

2 buckets made it even better!! I will get into my feelings on AoA throughout the report but to summarize it right now--it's just not the same. But, I knew what to expect b/c I stayed there with my brother & his family 4 years ago!!
In too and waiting to hear all about the popcorn bucket adventures. How good is J to keep that secret, my son would never have done that at his age (and still can't at a much older age)😏😏
Yay!! He's known since Christmas & has kept it quiet so I was really impressed. He was so excited about the trick we were going to play on his mom that I made sure I found a way for him to have a big part of the reveal!!
Excited to follow along!!
Excited to have you & I'm enjoying yours!!
Can't wait to read more!
Thanks! Glad you're here!!
Yay! Can't wait to hear about your latest adventure!
Thank you!! An adventure it was!!
Good on J for being able to keep the secret! And yes, his suitcase is too cute for words 😊
Yes, I was quite impressed with him!! E said she had more than enough room in hers & wasn't going to take that one too but he was so excited to use it so she put his things in it.
Yay! Can’t wait to hear all about it!
Thank you!! I'm glad you're here!!
Doing my happy dance!
giphy.gif
Love it!! Glad you're here!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom