You could lose a hand doing laundry at the turn of the century! This week at Carousel of Progress

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
IMG_1952-1.jpg

DisneyDreamer08

So funny story. We were in Disney last week and my 9 year old asked to go on CoP. She had never been on before and my husband and I haven’t been on since 2008 (pre-kids). My husband took her on while I took our 4 year old to get a snack. He texted me mid way through to say the ride had stopped. Apparently they were stuck on the same scene for quite a while. He said the same scene went through three complete times. And while that was happening, every 30 seconds or so, a CM would come blaring over the intercom reminding everyone to stay seated. Once they finally moved to the next scene, it stopped again and the whole situation repeated. He said the intercom was super staticky and unbelievably loud, so that, in addition to the scenes playing over and over on repeat, was sensory overload for our daughter. She ended up in tears, covering her ears. Needless to say, I don’t think anyone in our family will be experiencing this attraction ever again.
:eek:😂

macefamily

I could see where some attractions are difficult to maintain and require some skillful planning. But CoP ? It's a slow-moving animatronic with basic repetitive movements. You would think daily inspections and one technician would be more than enough to keep that attraction in presentable shape.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
There's a real easy fix to this.
View attachment 442959
Oh, yeah... they're celebrating "Do Laundry Like A Pirate" day.

Part of me wants to laugh. But the other part of me feels my heart sinking into the pit of my stomach.

What the absolute HELL, Disney?
Hey, mannequins -- and animatronics -- occasionally have parts fall off. Trust me in that they don't feel it. Someone will fix it, and life will go on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom