Dress code

Nona

Original Poster
For Cinderella's Castle for lunch, what's the dress code for adults? The little ones will be in princess dresses (and we will have a change of clothes for the park) but the rest of us don't want to have to go back to our room or bring a change.

allgiggles

For Cinderella's Castle for lunch, what's the dress code for adults? The little ones will be in princess dresses (and we will have a change of clothes for the park) but the rest of us don't want to have to go back to our room or bring a change.

I've only been there for dinner and while our family chose to wear "nicer" shirts (golf shirts, button down blouses, etc.) with shorts/capris, there were plenty of people there in their regular t-shirts and shorts. The only reason we dressed up a bit was because we always go back to the resort for a rest/refresh in the afternoon so it was convenient to change into different outfits. I wouldn't make a special trip to the hotel to do that.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
CRT has no dress code. This is from an old Moms' Panel post:

"There is no specific dress code for dining at Cinderella's Royal Table. Since this restaurant is located within the theme park, you can wear whatever you would wear to visit the park on a normal day. Most of the adult diners will be wearing jeans or shorts and tee shirts."

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
CRT has no dress code. This is from an old Moms' Panel post:

"There is no specific dress code for dining at Cinderella's Royal Table. Since this restaurant is located within the theme park, you can wear whatever you would wear to visit the park on a normal day. Most of the adult diners will be wearing jeans or shorts and tee shirts."
Please do not quote the moms panel it has so much misinformation.

Weather_Lady

For the few Disney restaurants that have dress codes (mainly signatures located at resort hotels), that information is listed on their pages on the Disney website (usually under the heading, "Know Before You Go"). For the remainder (CRT included), you can wear whatever you wore to the park -- shorts, sneakers, etc. (FWIW, I'm glad you said you'd be bringing a change of clothes for the girls, OP, so they won't have to tour the park in princess-wear if they don't want to. We always see so many little girls limping around in blister-causing plastic princess shoes and hot, itchy dresses at the end of the day, who presumably wish their parents had planned ahead like you...)

Even though it's not required and you'll see clothes there that run the gamut, some people do like to dress up a little for CRT, either because it just "feels right" when you're dining in a castle, or because they're splurging on the meal to celebrate a special occasion. Appropos of nothing, if you notice any couples there wherein one person is conspicuously well-dressed and looking more nervous than the occasion demands, you might keep an eye on them -- last time we noticed an overdressed young man at CRT in a sportcoat and tie, he dropped to one knee and proposed to his date mid-way through the meal! (She said yes, and there was much rejoicing.) :)

Last edited:

John park hopper

Places like Jiko have a dress code but like so many of Disney rules are never enforced. so what's the point. Wear what you want or go naked it doesn't matter (sarcasm)

Victor Kelly

In general the restaurants that require a specific dress code will state that. Victoria and Alberts for sure. Possibly Citricos as well.

If you are in the parks, what you wear to the parks is appropriate.

But if you want to be dressed nicely, feel free to do so. Just skip the heels.

We always get dressed up for CRT (including heels). It's part of the experience for us. But a lot of people there are just in normal park-touring clothes, so it's whatever feels right for you and your trip. The one big difference I see for your situation is that you are having lunch and not dinner. That is definitely going to be more casual. Relax and have a great time!!

StarWarsGirl

Victoria and Alberts for sure. Possibly Citricos as well.
Yup. Victoria and Albert's has the strictest code.
20200116_230937.jpg

Citricos, Yachtsman, Jiko, and California Grill all have a more relaxed code.
Screenshot_20200116-230452_Chrome.jpg

StarWarsGirl

We always get dressed up for CRT (including heels). It's part of the experience for us. But a lot of people there are just in normal park-touring clothes, so it's whatever feels right for you and your trip. The one big difference I see for your situation is that you are having lunch and not dinner. That is definitely going to be more casual. Relax and have a great time!!
I feel like if I wore heels in MK that I would catch one in the tracks on Main Street and fall flat on my face. To each her own, though. 🙂

NickPytlinski

no dress code for CRT. we went to blizzard beach after our breakfast the one time. i was not in a bikini but shorts n tee shirt ( i am also male)

so you should be good in normal park attire

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom