Room with three beds?

Lee123

Original Poster
Does anyone have experience in booking a room for 4 adults but with 3 adult sized beds? I see they offer a murphy bed in some situations but I worry that bed is a child size bed. Hoping to stay at Port Orleans this time but would consider a different resort if it works.

Jon81uk

The murphy at Port Orleans Alligator Bayou rooms is 66 inches long so only really best for a short child, Disney list these rooms as four adults and a child. I don't think there are many options for three adults.
A Fort Wilderness cabin has a bed, bunk beds and a sofa bed so they list it as sleeping up to six adults, so if only one person is on the double bed and double sofa and one person has the bunk bed then that would give you three separate beds.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your best non-suite option would be the bunk bed rooms at Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom Lodge or a cabin at Ft Wilderness.

Two rooms at a value would achieve what you are looking for as well.

BASS

Bunk beds are not an option for adults. I've stayed at the cabins and those bunk beds are for children and children only.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Bunk beds are not an option for adults. I've stayed at the cabins and those bunk beds are for children and children only.
I don't recall them being any shorter than a standard mattress, but it has been a few refurbs since I have been in a bunk bed room. As long as the length of the mattress is the same, the width will accommodate a single adult. It might not be ideal, but it will work.

Jon81uk

The Disney website lists a bunk bed room at Wilderness Lodge as sleeping up to 4 adults across a queen bed and a set of bunk beds. At the Cabins they list the cabin as holding six adults across a queen bed, bunk beds and a sofa bed. So they should accommodate an adult.

BASS

I'm 5'9". Not a giant by any means. First, the beds are twin size, if that. That's simply not comfortable for an adult. To make matters worse, the beds are so close together that I could not sit up straight on the lower bunk bed. The "upper" bed was that close. I had booked it with the hope that our kids could each sleep in the bunk beds so my wife and I could sleep alone in the queen bed. I was actually concerned my kids would hit their head. I ended up pulling out the sofa bed and we divided the kids up!

IMO, I'd book 2 value rooms with an adjoining door.

BASS

The Disney website lists a bunk bed room at Wilderness Lodge as sleeping up to 4 adults across a queen bed and a set of bunk beds. At the Cabins they list the cabin as holding six adults across a queen bed, bunk beds and a sofa bed. So they should accommodate an adult.

The cabins do sleep 4 adults because there is a queen and a pull-out sofa. But, OP wants 3 beds.

My only suggestion is that I would not rely on any of the bunk beds for an adult.

Jon81uk

I'm 5'9". Not a giant by any means. First, the beds are twin size, if that. That's simply not comfortable for an adult. To make matters worse, the beds are so close together that I could not sit up straight on the lower bunk bed. The "upper" bed was that close. I had booked it with the hope that our kids could each sleep in the bunk beds so my wife and I could sleep alone in the queen bed. I was actually concerned my kids would hit their head. I ended up pulling out the sofa bed and we divided the kids up!

In the UK a standard single bed for an adult is 3 foot wide. That is smaller than a US Twin bed but is what I would expect on a bunk so should be fine for most adults.

I agree though that two connecting rooms is probably the best solution.

Jon81uk

The cabins do sleep 4 adults because there is a queen and a pull-out sofa. But, OP wants 3 beds.

My only suggestion is that I would not rely on any of the bunk beds for an adult.

The Disney website lists a cabin as sleeping six adults. The bunk beds are classed as being adult sized at both the cabins and Wilderness Lodge.

nickys

Premium Member
Some rooms at the Beach Club have a day bed. I think there are other resorts that do the same, Yacht Club, Contemporary perhaps?

Depending on the size of the adults that might work. Although I don’t know if it’s guaranteed to get one.

Otherwise renting points or booking a DVC studio is an option. The Murphy beds in those can accommodate an adult.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The pull down beds at POR are more like a cot size. An adult can sleep on it but if you're used to a full size bed and no one wants to volunteer to sleep on it then its not going to work.

If everyone wants their own double/queen bed the best option would be two rooms.

correcaminos

Some rooms at the Beach Club have a day bed. I think there are other resorts that do the same, Yacht Club, Contemporary perhaps?

Depending on the size of the adults that might work. Although I don’t know if it’s guaranteed to get one.

Otherwise renting points or booking a DVC studio is an option. The Murphy beds in those can accommodate an adult.
Problem with that is that most studios don't have 3 beds. They have the queen, murphy bed, and sleeper sofa. That's not 3 real beds. Riviera would work.

I will 100% disagree with twins being too small for adults. The murphys wouldn't fit huge adults, but depending on size they are perfectly fine.

BASS

It's not so much that it's a twin bed as much as the fact of the proximity between the beds. I couldn't sit up in the bunk bed and I'm only 5'9".

Club Cooloholic

I thought they looked like standard bunks, obviously you have to be a little more careful and can't lounge in the bed the same way, but they are certainly comfortable enough to sleep in, my kids loved the ones in AKL.

daisyduckie

All Star Music and Art of Animation have suites that have 3 separate sleeping surfaces. One is a regular bed, the others are fold downs or fold outs. But large enough to sleep an adult.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
2 Bedroom Villa is your best shot. King and 2 Doubles (or Queens). Gonna be pricey though. Check OKW, WL, or SSR (and don't forget the Treehouse Villas there).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom