Poly getting extensive renovations starting spring 2020

kainsel

Original Poster
Spring of 2020 will be the start to see extensive renovations at the poly. Don't have too many specifics except it will be a big makeover of the current look. Tikiman had posted pictures a few months ago of the poly testing new carpet, wallpaper etc. My guess is that they want it done before the 50th.

Last edited:

Dave B

May I ask where you are seeing or hearing this? Also do you know when? I am hoping they will discount the rooms if the property is being redone.

kainsel

Original Poster
May I ask where you are seeing or hearing this? Also do you know when? I am hoping they will discount the rooms if the property is being redone.
Can't name names but from someone inside the poly. I tried to get more specifics but they would not budge. Told start date would be in spring. The rooms and carpets are looking bad. Not sure if it's only the regular resort since DVC was not mentioned.

MrHappy

If true, it can only be for regular rooms. The DVC portion was completed just 5 years ago and the rooms look great (although the elevator situation isn't ideal). Same with the GCH lobby, still pretty shiny and new. I'm actually not buying this rumor.

Polydweller

Well, they aren’t on the official plans as yet but it is about time in the normal rotation for the non-DVC portion to be refurbed. So there may be some credibility to this. My sources won’t comment so don’t know anything solid but that kind of silence can mean something is up.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I thought the Grand Floridian was ahead of the Polynesian for room refurbishments.
Poly rooms last refurb and update was done in 2011-2012. GF was done in 2014-2015. But believe me the GF needs a good gutting more than anything before a minor renovation.

If true, it can only be for regular rooms. The DVC portion was completed just 5 years ago and the rooms look great (although the elevator situation isn't ideal). Same with the GCH lobby, still pretty shiny and new. I'm actually not buying this rumor.

Tikiman has pictures from outside of the test rooms in Rarotonga. Supposedly starting in 2020. Hope you all like Moana....

wdwfan22

Poly rooms last refurb and update was done in 2011-2012. GF was done in 2014-2015. But believe me the GF needs a good gutting more than anything before a minor renovation.

I had heard they were moving the Grand Floridian ahead of the other resorts because of Guests complaints on the room conditions.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I had heard they were moving the Grand Floridian ahead of the other resorts because of Guests complaints on the room conditions.
It's not just the room conditions, but the general condition of the outer buildings. They are showing their age at 30 years and basically need a full gutting. Compared to the new inventory at Coronado, 4 Seasons, Riviera, etc. the GF is an embarrassment. You notice they no longer refer to it as a flagship and the room rates are at the low end of the deluxe scale.

That said the GF is not expected to get anything until after 2022, after the CR and the Poly.

dreamfinder

I am hoping they will discount the rooms if the property is being redone.

Not likely. Between all the resorts on property odds are one is usually having some sort of refurb at any given time. They just take a block of rooms out of service, and work on them during the day. Unless you see a stream of construction workers walking into/out of the block of rooms at start/end of work, often you would never even know they were doing anything.

aladdin2007

Tikiman has pictures from outside of the test rooms in Rarotonga. Supposedly starting in 2020. Hope you all like Moana....

Im not finding it on his site?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom