DisneySea at Walt Disney World?!?

Would you like DisneySea as a 5th Theme Park coming to Walt Disney World?

• Total voters

Braden20

Original Poster
We discussed a 5th Theme Park would be coming to Walt Disney World. My opinion is I would like DisneySea come to Walt Disney World, because it's one of the most best Disney Theme Park ever. especially Tokyo DisneySea opened back in 2001,

I would love to see or experience DisneySea at Walt Disney World someday, which was the same theme park from Tokyo Disney Resort.

TrojanUSC

We discussed a 5th Theme Park would be coming to Walt Disney World. My opinion is I would like DisneySea come to Walt Disney World, because it's one of the most best Disney Theme Park ever. especially Tokyo DisneySea opened back in 2001,

I would love to see or experience DisneySea at Walt Disney World someday, which was the same theme park from Tokyo Disney Resort.

Nice idea but it will never happen, for a host of reasons but most notably budget and OLC wants it exclusive to TDL Resort.

Stevie Amsterdam

I get the sentiment, but no. While I don't think a 5th gate is coming any time soon, when (if) it does it should be a unique park exclusively to WDW. Since Disneyland and Disneysea already exist, why not go with something like Disneysky and create a unique line up of attractions? Speaking off, the following attractions that exist in Disneysea are already present in WDW in some way or form:

Soaring
Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania
Turtle Talk
Carousel & Flying Carpets

And these are just the most obvious (i.e. the Whirlpool in Ariel's Lagoon could be considered an alternative to the spinning teacups). If they don't open a 5th Gate for Star Wars, I doubt they will for attractions like JttotE or 20,000 Leagues.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

This should be under general discussion since it is not new or rumor. I have asked the admins to move it.

DisneyOutsider

I just can never get on board with 5th gate discussions when there's so much that needs improving on the existing parks.

You see how much cost cutting goes on each year to meet annual finance objectives.. imagine how bad the cycle would be if you increase operating costs by a whole additional theme park.

More rides for AK.

More rides and a show for MK plus Stitch replacement.

EPCOT redo plus fix imagination plus add a WS pavilion.

More rides plus theater show/fantasmic refreshes at DHS

THEN let's talk 5th gate

NickMaio

I would love a 5th gate that is new and could not be found anywhere else.
No more copies of rides being thrown it.
WDW has access to the brightest and most creative minds. New ideas for rides and parks happen everyday.
I vote for something new.

eliza61nyc

I would love a 5th gate that is new and could not be found anywhere else.
No more copies of rides being thrown it.
WDW has access to the brightest and most creative minds. New ideas for rides and parks happen everyday.
I vote for something new.

Yes I know people think Tokyo disney is the next best thing since sliced bread but no I don't want to see a copy in Orlando.

CoasterSnoop

I would hate if a fifth gate was a recreation of an already-existing park, even if it's the magnificent DisneySea. We're already in an era in which Disney is in its most creatively-bankrupt, if we got a fifth gate, I would much rather it be innovative and exciting. Or, I guess more realistically, at least original.

Tom P.

I disagree with much of the general sentiment here regarding the addition of a fifth gate. I think one is going to happen sooner than most folks here expect, largely driven by Universal's expansion. And, yes, unfortunately I think we are likely to see a fifth gate before many issues with the current parks are addressed.

That being said, my answer to DisneySea is no. I don't think Walt Disney World should get a duplicate of any other park. It should have things that are unique to it. Even Magic Kingdom, which is similar in many ways to Disneyland Park, is not an exact duplicate by far. The Disney resorts should not just be carbon copies in different parts of the world. Each should be a unique and special experience.

When Disney adds a fifth gate to WDW, it should be something new designed from scratch,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom