Question about Room Only Reservations

DANDAMAN1

Original Poster
I read in a thread on this site that Room-Only reservations can be paid off only by calling WDW to pay the FULL amount before check-in. I know payments can be made online for a package, and payments can also be made with a WDW gift card.

Question: Can you call and pay the balance of your room with a WDW gift card? Should I call and do that, or just pay with the cards when I check in?

Reason is - Sam's sells WDW cards at $15 off per $500. Saving $30 per thousand spent on room. Just wondering.

DisneyJoe

I read in a thread on this site that Room-Only reservations can be paid off only by calling WDW to pay the FULL amount before check-in. I know payments can be made online for a package, and payments can also be made with a WDW gift card.

Question: Can you call and pay the balance of your room with a WDW gift card? Should I call and do that, or just pay with the cards when I check in?

Reason is - Sam's sells WDW cards at $15 off per $500. Saving $30 per thousand spent on room. Just wondering.
Yes, you can call and pay with a gift card. It really doesn't matter if you do it in advance or at check in.

FYI - you can go to disneygiftcard.com and combine them

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Yes you can use a gift card on the phone to pay it off.

Yes I would do that.

No I would not wait til check in especially if you do online check in because they will automatically bill you for the rest on the credit card on file at 6am day of check in.

durangojim

For room only reservations you can make a payment for any amount, not the full amount at any time before you check in. I do it all the time with gift cards.

DANDAMAN1

Original Poster
You should get a target red card, it links directly to your checking account but you get 5% off so you’d save more than through Sam’s! I buy them in $200 increments and pay $190 per gift card!
Thank you for posting this. I did not know you could link a debit card. I had heard mention of the 5% they offer. Just signed up for card. Thanks!

Maelstrom Troll

We go through some Target gift cards 😜

Attachments

• 8A677DFC-ABF2-4B2B-8A34-B16B77F3B9AC.jpeg
    8A677DFC-ABF2-4B2B-8A34-B16B77F3B9AC.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 124

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
That is not correct, based on our experience. For a room only reservation your card is billed on the fourth day (or night?) and check-out day. You can pay the balance off using gift cards before the fourth day. We did this on all five of our visits this year.
Perhaps that is the case with a longer stay but my experience with shorter stays is its charged the morning of check in if you already did online check in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom