Pre-Trip Trip Report IV: A New Hope

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

A high school kid noticed a classmate sitting behind him was wearing an Empire Strikes Back shirt and thought she must be pretty cool.

Neither knew then that nearly 2 decades later they would still be together and that the biggest argument in their relationship would be whether Empire or Jedi is the better movie.

Although they had a mutual love of Star Wars, the cool girl had an additional hobby of going to Disney World that her fellow didn’t participate in.

Until now.

(And by now I mean February.)

More details to follow once I have the time off of work more officially secured.

Last edited:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Original Poster
FIRST!
Cant wait!
And obviously Return of the Jedi is better than Empire Strikes Back.

I find your answer...
41529E85-87A0-4D1B-939D-D4191A5EC179.gif

Despite the Empire shirt I am fully team ROTJ.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
Great title and start.

@Darstarr

Empire is not only the best SW Movie, but the best Sci-fi/fantasy Movie and one of the best movies ever made.

Just for the record. 🙂

Thanks. I was pretty pleased with myself when I thought of the title.

I have much love for Empire. Just slightly move love for Jedi. When I was a kid I watched 4, 6 and then 5 so I think that’s part of the reason.

February you say? I know a few goofs who will likely be visiting in February! Also I’m team empire, by a hair.

And I know a few friends who will be there. Maybe more than once...

My work calendar isn't out so it’s not 100% official yet but hypothetically we’ll be there Jan 31 thru Feb 6th.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
Following!
And sorry @Darstarr , 1977 baby! It all started then, sort of....
But then again,, "do or do not", is awesome too. 🤔

Welcome aboard!

Poor @Darstarr is getting all the heat for loving Jedi. I’ll save you. Like Vader saves Luke. In the best SW movie. 😉

ROTJ. Watched it last night actually. Why do I cry every time Anakin dies???? GET IT TOGETHER.....

We’re rewatching the movies to get ready for next week. Tonight it’s ROTJ. I think I’ll be able to keep it together. If Leia dies in Episode 9 though I’m going to ugly cry in the theatre.

Oh this one is going to be good 😀

I hope so. Whether DH enjoys it or not it’ll be fun to share his commentary.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
Background:

DH last went to WDW as a child. He remembers getting stuck on IaSW and not much else. (I would also bet money that his mom was a park commando back in the day.)

As an adult he hasn’t gone mostly because of work and partially because of just associating it with kids’ stuff. He’s also a bit leery of having a very “corporate” vacation and also leery of the crowds.

He became intrigued when I pointed out that a lot of what I love about WDW trips are things that he also loves:
  • Walking around
  • Eating snacks
  • People watching
  • Being warm
  • Not being at work
Before my last trip DH seemed genuine when he said that he wished he was going.

Then I brought this home:

4D508A08-39F5-4B6B-83BE-B879989F6C95.jpeg

He was pretty thrilled about it. That’s when I knew he had succumbed to the power of the Disney side.

C15A3344-CDAB-471C-93AD-FDA8C789C70A.gif

But I had to play things cool.

8E603C67-B0F3-4BC5-A625-1755D6CDF742.gif

So I waited.

Around Thanksgiving DH decided he was leaving his current job in January. He’s been thinking about it for a while but never actually following thru on it despite my encouragement. This time he seemed pretty definite.

I remarked that he should go on trip somewhere after he’s done using all of the vacation days he’ll have to cash out and DH agreed.

Still I waited.

E2FE759D-9EAF-4D46-AFDF-49079D1141AF.gif

Soon after DH remarked that *if* he’s going to go to Disney that we should probably do it while it’s just the two of us.

Now was the time for action.

9556FEF9-E043-47D6-9132-A4222235CDC8.jpeg

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster

It’s official from a booking standpoint and the scheduler doesn’t foresee any issues. It always makes me nervous to say something’s a go until I for sure have the time off of work.

Or does that 🤔 mean you’re leaving Jan 30th or arriving Feb 7th? 😉

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom