News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MickeyCB

Groups began being called at 8:40am (1-7). Groups started calling at the same time yesterday.

Decided to try for one more run before the change next week.

View attachment 587533
Thank you @DCBaker for all of the time you invested in this thread and I too will miss your updates.
Maybe there will be a reason to continue in some fashion? You know, "all of the LL spots were sold in oh say, 6 seconds"?!
And lastly, you deserve that Group 1 spot today!!!

KevinPage

As soon as I saw STANDBY QUEUE, I immediately thought Twilight Zone & @DCBaker

578E130D-E1D7-492C-B366-41FAE94A83FB.gif

🤩😂🤩

KevinPage

My thoughts on the matter:

The BG process was a huge benefit to me as I always got a group, which gave me a ride already in my hip pocket before even getting to the park. Plus it became exciting to try each & every time. Human nature, when something is limited and you get it, you get a dopamine squirt 😂

But this change needed to happen. They’ll never know how long the queue will be or force themselves to adapt to keep up with same unless they have the standby line. It’s like testing a ride without guests. You never know how operations will go until you go LIVE.

I’ve routinely seen many ride vehicles go out in the early morning at 1/2 to 3/4 full capacity. That’s just not acceptable for a in demand ride. Standby will get more people on this in general (theoretically).

I’ve had a great run at this. Today will be my last day using the BG process. And another intended benefit of this is: no more @disneygeek90 rolling out of bed at 11am or just strolling in at lunchtime for an easy 1pm BG. Now you gotta wait 2-3 hours (or rope drop and trample someone).

Thanks WDW Operations 🤩😂🤩

So of course we are at HS on 9/28 - my only option for RotR is standby since Genie/Lightning Lane will not have launched yet. I guess I’ll need to mentally prepare for a 2 hour line. And when do we go? As soon as we get there? Right before closing??? SMH

KevinPage

EFFECTS UPDATE (from yesterday’s ride)

Side AT AT path
- Finn not working, just frozen in place & arm did not come out and fire
- Final Kylo confrontation. Space battle not going on, just static ships (on your right). You hear the sound of ship being hit and propelling towards you, but screen is just of space. Once panel behind Kylo blows open it was just blank/black (no fire or anything).

Those two things not working were a first for me.

Rockishcoco

EFFECTS UPDATE (from yesterday’s ride)

Side AT AT path
- Finn not working, just frozen in place & arm did not come out and fire
- Final Kylo confrontation. Space battle not going on, just static ships (on your right). You hear the sound of ship being hit and propelling towards you, but screen is just of space. Once panel behind Kylo blows open it was just blank/black (no fire or anything).

Those two things not working were a first for me.
Oof rough day for rise. Never heard about the screen breaking down near Kylo. Actually kind of crazy considering it’s the backup if the animatronic goes down. On the bright side I’m sure they’ll be up and running again soon. (Unlike the last two artillery cannons 😓😓.)

7am boarding group window was open for ~6 seconds.

Thank you, @DCBaker, I've read your reports in this thread every day for months, and they were always useful in planning and in tempering expectations.
Yes thank you, @DCBaker! Your detailed reporting motivated me to make a last minute, out of state visit earlier this week BEFORE the BG announcement. I felt confident that even if I missed out on the 7 am window (I didn't) there typically is a sufficient buffer in the 2nd chance window right now. So happy I was able to get the trip in to enjoy this amazing attraction without wasting a significant chunk of the day standing in the queue. Thanks also to all those who shared advice on securing a BG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom