News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Hawg G

I mean, can't the same be said for every ride? Locals (that enjoy this stuff) are at the parks more, and they're riding more attractions in a month than some ride in two years. It is what it is. I can say that the "local effect," at least in Orlando, is blown out of proportion on these boards. Most people that live here and especially those that grew up here don't visit the parks from one year to the next.

Even those that have suggested capping AP rides on ROTR to once a week would make a difference is laughable. If you think most locals are riding this every week you're delusional. I've been on it 50 something times and it's been operating for ~17 months.
Local effect on RotR >>> local effect on any other ride

UNCgolf

None of this would be an issue if Disney just did the sensible thing with a randomized lottery. Sign up the day/night before, and then get a notification if you were selected for a BG the next morning.

rustincohle

Limiting locals' rides on it seems unnecessary IMO, but I could see on-site guests of a certain number of days getting one guaranteed pass to go on, seems like it would fit with the direction Disney are trending in. Could limit it to use before 1PM so that the second boarding group drop could have a more accurate guess at numbers.

lentesta

Premium Member
I’ll see if we can get a count this week.

We counted 1,493 guests exiting ROTR today between 10:39 AM and 11:39 AM. There were either 14 or 15 BGs called, so somewhere between 100 and 107 people per BG. I'm going to say 100.

We also counted 988 guests between 12:23 PM and 1:23 PM. There seems to be around 7 BGs called, so that was in the middle of an operational issue where the BG count didn't increase for a while. My guess is some of those 988 were in BGs right before the issue, so again, I think around 100 guests/BG is a decent ballpark.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We counted 1,493 guests exiting ROTR today between 10:39 AM and 11:39 AM. There were either 14 or 15 BGs called, so somewhere between 100 and 107 people per BG. I'm going to say 100.

We also counted 988 guests between 12:23 PM and 1:23 PM. There seems to be around 7 BGs called, so that was in the middle of an operational issue where the BG count didn't increase for a while. My guess is some of those 988 were in BGs right before the issue, so again, I think around 100 guests/BG is a decent ballpark.
That was pretty much the indication of your last posted count, too.

Seems like this is a sure thing at this point.

Hawg G

And yet we are all subject to the same rules regarding BG's and park reservations. Only a few months ago AP calendar was booked for HS nearly 3 weeks out while Resort Reservations were available all week.
that has zero to do with local APers riding over and over, and little kids/families/whoever on a one day in 5 years trip to DHS. Disney is spending money to advertise the ride, then letting those well aware of the ride without the advertising to fill the extremely limited spaces. Those that were drawn in from the advertising are getting no boarding groups. They are treating their customers paying top dollar horrifically, although many of those customers don't even realize it.

disneygeek90

that has zero to do with local APers riding over and over, and little kids/families/whoever on a one day in 5 years trip to DHS. Disney is spending money to advertise the ride, then letting those well aware of the ride without the advertising to fill the extremely limited spaces. Those that were drawn in from the advertising are getting no boarding groups. They are treating their customers paying top dollar horrifically, although many of those customers don't even realize it.
So... what do you suggest? If they go to standby, I don't see that little kid wanting to stand in a 3 hour line either.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I like the fastest finger; however, I think they should go back to requiring being in the park (not that that system doesn’t have a drawback or two as well). At least with that system it limited it to people who were actually all definitely going to the park and to those motivated enough to get to the park a little early for it and avoided people potentially claiming park reservations and deciding whether to go or change their plans to do something else (or stay home in the case of locals) after the draw.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

That’s fine, but you know the family that gets bad luck and shut out all 3 days during their trip will complain about that too.

Anyone who doesn't get to ride is going to complain no matter what system they use.

A randomized lottery is a better system overall and, as I said, far more equitable. The other systems they've tried give certain people an advantage over others; a random lottery puts everyone on equal footing. I honestly can't believe Disney didn't do that from the start.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I was able to get group 16 yesterday and 20 today. Friends and I decided to not be paired on MDE. Yesterday one group of 4 was able to get 31, another solo friend didn’t get a group (I’m going to call it user error). At guest services we were able to add him with no issue. We were all able to ride together once group 31 was called.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom