News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

gerarar

Premium Member
So many mediocre days recently after some stellar runs towards beginning of October....wondered what happened :(

(given no variables relating to BG size changed)

Ldno

Not sure if it was posted elsewhere but an interesting article about the Rise of the Resistance lottery. No surprises to anyone who follows this thread but it is nice to see it covered.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/disney-world-rise-resistance-hopefuls-093700595.html

i got nervous just reading this article, not even being there and thinking about reserving this makes me nervous. I think no one wants to be left out, but i remember the stress of being at the park early and at least trying to snatch a spot in this ride.
This is one of the biggest issues with the whole park reservation system (even though they don't really have any good alternatives, so I'm not blaming them for it).

DHS isn't worth going to for more than one day without the ability to park hop; I personally don't think it's currently worth going to for even a single full day. It's a tough sell to have to potentially use a second full day at DHS just for the chance to ride RotR. If you don't get a boarding group on the second attempt, you've basically wasted an entire day.
I feel that you can’t Really plan your day There because of this. not only you “don’t” know what time you are boarding rise of the resistance, you have to worry about not getting. The problem is the fact that it makes it harder to predict where you are going to be at the park, can i make a Savi’s reservation and oga’s in the morning and eat dinner and The brown and derby? Granted we have that return window but the last time i was the ride broke down for four hours and my silly personality was stuck there in galaxy’s edge waiting for it to come back at least, so with that return window my problem in my case is that the dining takes amost just as long to make it back.

I don’t know, that’s how I see it but still. I don’t like not knowing, i rather have everything out on paper and wing it that way, than plan my entire day on when the ride can tell me I need to go back.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

i got nervous just reading this article, not even being there and thinking about reserving this makes me nervous. I think no one wants to be left out, but i remember the stress of being at the park early and at least trying to snatch a spot in this ride.

I feel that you can’t Really plan your day There because of this. not only you “don’t” know what time you are boarding rise of the resistance, you have to worry about not getting. The problem is the fact that it makes it harder to predict where you are going to be at the park, can i make a Savi’s reservation and oga’s in the morning and eat dinner and The brown and derby? Granted we have that return window but the last time i was the ride broke down for four hours and my silly personality was stuck there in galaxy’s edge waiting for it to come back at least, so with that return window my problem in my case is that the dining takes amost just as long to make it back.

I don’t know, that’s how I see it but still. I don’t like not knowing, i rather have everything out on paper and wing it that way, than plan my entire day on when the ride can tell me I need to go back.
1st world problems

rustincohle

Is it just me, or are we starting to see something approaching stability from the number of boarding groups? Sure, it's not enough, and we aren't seeing some of those great days where they'd get though 120+ groups, but it feels like there are currently way fewer dreadful days as well. Getting a fairly consistent number of groups each day could be the first step towards making this an actual properly functioning attraction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is it just me, or are we starting to see something approaching stability from the number of boarding groups? Sure, it's not enough, and we aren't seeing some of those great days where they'd get though 120+ groups, but it feels like there are currently way fewer dreadful days as well. Getting a fairly consistent number of groups each day could be the first step towards making this an actual properly functioning attraction.
Month of October...

1603714766201.png

1603714831613.png

1603714907378.png

1603714958197.png

1603715004205.png

JohnD

I was there last week. I found that, if you can drive to the park, that is your best option for getting in the virtual queue. Arrive at the entrance plaza as close to an hour beforehand without getting turned around. (I went to HS on two separate days and I got turned around on the first day and drove clockwise all the way around the park and returned 5 minutes later). I got into the park before 10:00 am (current park opening) and was immediately ready to join the virtual queue at 10:00 am. On my first day, I just hung out in Ronto Roasters and joined when my phone hit 10:00 am. I got group #28. In fact, on my first day, I was staying at Pop and got in line for the Skyliner which stretched all the way down the lake. I thought, "Forget this. I'll never get to the park in time." From Pop, a drive is a left out the main entrance onto Victory Way and a right into HS. So that's what I did. On my next day, I was in the queue for MMRR and was almost on the ride when it hit 10:00 am. I joined the queue and got #16.

Last edited:

JohnD

We don't know if the boarding group size has been reduced.

Possibly. Look at it in terms of numbers. I went solo last week. With COVID, I got an "escape vehicle" all to myself. I rode on two separate days and was never in a vehicle with another party. Before COVID, they would have tried to fill every seat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom