News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

UNCgolf

This is my fear for our trip. Will you try to hit HS another day to try to get a boarding group?

This is one of the biggest issues with the whole park reservation system (even though they don't really have any good alternatives, so I'm not blaming them for it).

DHS isn't worth going to for more than one day without the ability to park hop; I personally don't think it's currently worth going to for even a single full day. It's a tough sell to have to potentially use a second full day at DHS just for the chance to ride RotR. If you don't get a boarding group on the second attempt, you've basically wasted an entire day.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I’ve seen up to 140 being handed out. I believe the highest BG ever called since reopening is around the high 120s. If they’re getting to that number now with limited capacity and shorter hours, imagine what the ride would get to on a normal day. We would probably be near or past 200!!
We don't know if the boarding group size has been reduced.

gerarar

Premium Member
We don't know if the boarding group size has been reduced.
That is true, I just see no reason for them to tbh. However, when we look the overall data, specifically the average BGs called per hour, it is lower now than preclosure, which lends the idea that BG size may of never changed. If BG size was reduced, they would be called faster theoretically. But who knows really.

peoplemover

This is my fear for our trip. Will you try to hit HS another day to try to get a boarding group?
We just went the one day. We were able to do everything in one day, so the second day wasn’t needed. This was the first time I wasn’t able to get a boarding group for RotR... I’ve been two times prior, including in January when the world was normal. It was disappointing not being able to get one at either time slot, but I don’t know how else they could distribute the groups. Still disappointing though. And I thought the park was super busy for a Tuesday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom