News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

CntrlFlPete

luck of the draw as always. We went over to RoTR around 10:30 ish, posted time was 120. We were at a dead stop for over 10 minutes so we figured the ride was down, then we moved a little -- then they stopped letting folks join the queue, we were dead stopped for around 30 minutes at that point.

Things were not so bad once the queue started moving again -- it took us 131 minutes to reach the first pre-show, so the posted time was good (if it is to the first show room) but it was really due to down time on the ride itself.

KevinPage

Even with rerides allowed now and seemingly around 90 minutes or less queues (for most parts of the day), it’s going be a chore to hit 100 rides by 2nd anniversary.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Hollywood Studios was nice this morning. Walked right from the Poly bus through security, turnstiles and back to the Epic Eats holding pen at 8. Note if you're doing this, keep to the right hand side, they squeeze the entire walkway down to a two by two column between star traders and muppets. You are in a two by two going through the tunnel down to Rontos ramp and back to the standby queue entrance. Still pushy people like it was a subway commute, but with strollers as weapons. Was at the cave entrance by 8:57 and complete by 9:37.

IMHO a better experience than the Rotr lottery. No sniping the line from home or the hotel, if you want to ride early, you're there early.

BTW all the effects were working, even the cannons.

disneygeek90

Hollywood Studios was nice this morning. Walked right from the Poly bus through security, turnstiles and back to the Epic Eats holding pen at 8. Note if you're doing this, keep to the right hand side, they squeeze the entire walkway down to a two by two column between star traders and muppets. You are in a two by two going through the tunnel down to Rontos ramp and back to the standby queue entrance. Still pushy people like it was a subway commute, but with strollers as weapons. Was at the cave entrance by 8:57 and complete by 9:37.

IMHO a better experience than the Rotr lottery. No sniping the line from home or the hotel, if you want to ride early, you're there early.

BTW all the effects were working, even the cannons.
…even the 2nd and 3rd cannons? Those I don’t think have been working for all of 2021.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Interesting change this morning. The start of the waiting pool has moved to the front of a line between Star Traders and the new bathroom.

Attachments

• 20210928_075902.jpg
    20210928_075902.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 108

CntrlFlPete

…even the 2nd and 3rd cannons? Those I don’t think have been working for all of 2021.

when we went on Saturday, it was only the first cannon. The only real change I noticed from my first ride (back in December) was that the barrier between the front and back is gone, since I rode in the back both times, the removal of that barrier improved the views 10 fold!!

disneygeek90

when we went on Saturday, it was only the first cannon. The only real change I noticed from my first ride (back in December) was that the barrier between the front and back is gone, since I rode in the back both times, the removal of that barrier improved the views 10 fold!!
Yeah, the first cannon has been consistent. It’s the back two that have been dormant for quite some time sadly. Totally agree on the plexiglass, it was so distracting on that ride especially as time went on and the glass got scratched.

Purduevian

Yeah, the first cannon has been consistent. It’s the back two that have been dormant for quite some time sadly. Totally agree on the plexiglass, it was so distracting on that ride especially as time went on and the glass got scratched.
I still don't understand why the cannons are trackless... really seems like they could just be a piston on a track much like DCA's TOT MB

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom