News Disney’s DuckTales World Showcase Adventure Announced for Play Disney Parks Mobile App at Epcot

DoleWhipDrea

I was looking forward to DuckTales coming to World Showcase, but now isn’t really the best time to be implementing this per say. It probably will be when things mostly go back to normal...whenever that is.

Surferboy567

Bump, apparently DuckTales season 3 will be it’s last. I really liked the show saw all of Season 1 and 2 was meaning to go back and watch Season 3 but it looks like that will be it’s last. I really liked what I saw of the show if this report is true it’s sad to see it go.

However, wonder if this effects this project at EPCOT. They always announce a project on a popular IP at the time, take forever to build it and then this happens.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Bump, apparently DuckTales season 3 will be it’s last. I really liked the show saw all of Season 1 and 2 was meaning to go back and watch Season 3 but it looks like that will be it’s last. I really liked what I saw of the show if this report is true it’s sad to see it go.

However, wonder if this effects this project at EPCOT. They always announce a project on a popular IP at the time, take forever to build it and then this happens.
Do you have the link to that news?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Interestingly enough, the world showcase adventure stuff usually opens up towards the end or after the show's run.

Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure opened in 2009, but the show ended in 2007.

Phineas and Ferb World Showcase Adventure opened in 2012, show ending 3 years later. (I guess that's a better run)

Honestly, as long as the characters are interesting enough, and the attraction/activity is fun enough, it doesn't matter how long the show lasts.

Brer Oswald

I don’t see why they would cancel this. Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey, Louie and (especially) Donald are all legacy Disney characters that have been around for years, and will always maintain a degree of relevancy within the company.

Like when a ride based on a movie opens AFTER the movie, this attraction can open after the show. It isn’t too hard to hire the voice cast back for a day, or get some of the animation team to animate some bits, which I’m sure they’ve already done.

Disneyson

Aside from the popularity of the Ducks in Europe, I can see Disney really touting this as a “new experience” for EPCOT as a paltry phase 2. It would also read really well because like, it’s a no-touch game, it works directly in your app. Completely COVID-friendly offering.

They should be fast-tracking this.

doctornick

Aside from the popularity of the Ducks in Europe, I can see Disney really touting this as a “new experience” for EPCOT as a paltry phase 2. It would also read really well because like, it’s a no-touch game, it works directly in your app. Completely COVID-friendly offering.

They should be fast-tracking this.

Yeah, I actually think this is a perfect thing to be opening up in this COVID era. Easy to do it socially distanced and uses your personal phone.

doctornick

So has there been word on an opening day for this? Since it uses a guest’s own phone and affects things at a distance, it seems like it would be generally COVID friendly. It is poisoned it might actually roll out when Ratatouille opens?

Cmdr_Crimson

So has there been word on an opening day for this? Since it uses a guest’s own phone and affects things at a distance, it seems like it would be generally COVID friendly. It is poisoned it might actually roll out when Ratatouille opens?
They have stated no official date but it will "eventually" come..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom