Trip Report "The Best Disney Trip EVER"

Hello, hello everyone!! A warm welcome to everyone reading--I'm so glad you're here!!

WHEN: Tuesday, November 5th - Tuesday, November 12th

WHERE: I think you know us well enough by now!!

WHO: I'm sure you know most of us(don't worry--I'm not going to confuse you all like I did in June;)). In case you don't though, there's me, my nephew J, & my sister E. Besides us usual 3 Musketeers, E's husband/J's dad/my BIL joined us for the fun!! To keep confusion to a minimum for this TR I will refer to him as JSR.
562449274.jpeg

You could also call us "The Red Family". When E asked J what color MB he wanted he said that he wanted red & that we should all get that color so we could be "The Red Family". I know you can't see E's but trust me, her's was red also.

Looking forward to reliving "The Best Disney Trip EVER" with you all!!

Tuesday, November 5th

The plan was to leave E & JSR's at 7:00. I went to work for 5:30 to get a few last minute things done--also so that I could say to my boss that I was only off for 7 days, not 8. He teases me that "vacations are 7 days not 8". After doing some work & him teasing me a bit I was off on my merry way!! I got to their house only to find out that JSR was still packing!!:jawdrop: E was not thrilled in the least. He must have been close to being done though b/c we were only delayed a few minutes.

Then came the next delay. It was Election Day and E & JSR wanted to due their civic duty. I sat in the car with J & we talked Disney while we waited.
IMG_3046.JPEG

And, in typical Pittsburgh fashion, it was raining.
IMG_3048.JPEG

Rush hour traffic + heavy rain = a slow commute to the airport. I don't know what it is with this town but it seems like no one can drive in the rain around here. Trust me, we get more than our fair share of it so you think people would be used to it.
IMG_3050.JPEG

As we were waiting to check our luggage in the woman behind us noticed our luggage tags & said that she was going to Disney also and was staying at Caribbean Beach. She asked if this was our first time going which prompted JSR to throw in a few digs about us & the frequency of our trips. I think he's just jealous ;)
IMG_3051.JPEG

The Southwest agent was slower than molasses but after 10 minutes or so it was our turn.
IMG_3052.JPEG

JSR made fun of me all week b/c of this. I had two suitcases. The small one weighed 20 lbs & this one was 36.5. He kept saying, "How did you manage to bring 56 lbs. of clothes?" As it turned out, due to his last minute packing there were quite a few things that he forgot so I told him at least I didn't have that problem. He also told me not to tell E about what he had forgot b/c he didn't want to hear her say "I told you so".
IMG_3053.JPEG

E went to park the car while the J's & I proceeded to security. But wait, I couldn't go just yet. For whatever reason the Southwest agent left one of the suitcases behind. After unsuccessfully trying to get his attention for about 5 minutes I finally interrupted him & asked him to please put it on the belt. I was getting nervous that it would somehow get forgotten. He looked at me with a surprised look on his face & said he didn't notice it there. Really??
IMG_3054.JPEG

On the "monorail" we go!!
IMG_3055.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

JSR carried the stroller up the escalators. J gets a little apprehensive getting on them so he grabbed my hand. When he had both feet on the step I heard him mumble, "Whew. I made it." :hilarious: I didn't want to laugh b/c I didn't want to embarrass him but it was quite funny.

Off to our traditional first stop.
IMG_3056.JPEG

I ended up buying him 1 car & his dad got him 2. The best part was that all the cars were $5. When we were there in August they were $10!! After car shopping we headed to Starbucks to meet E.
IMG_3057.JPEG

The three of them utilized family boarding. I checked in exactly 24 hours before the flight & ended up with B47.
IMG_3059.JPEG

Off they go!!
IMG_3060.JPEG

IMG_3061.JPEG

I ended up in the row behind J & his parents. I asked J about his hair & he was quite proud to tell me that he had gel in it.
IMG_3063.JPEG

See ya rainy Pittsburgh!!
IMG_3064.JPEG

I got an aerial view of J's traditional read.
IMG_3065.JPEG

E got this one.
IMG_1924.JPEG

I'm sure it's no surprise as to what I watched during the flight!!
IMG_3068.PNG

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I’ve been looking for this ever since you posted that you were getting ready to start it :)

And I can’t believe how grown up J suddenly looks - wasn’t your last trip together only about two months ago? How did all that growing happen in such a short time span?!

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

From what I could tell J looked to be pretty comfortable during the flight.
IMG_3069.JPEG

That looks much better than the view I had before we left Pittsburgh!!
IMG_3070.JPEG

When I took my phone out of airplane mode I received my room ready text. When I saw Acadian House I cringed a bit inside. That is the section where dogs are allowed. Now, I have nothing against dogs. I have a German Shepherd of my own. I don't even mind when I see people walking them around the resort. I just don't think they belong in a hotel room. Truth be told as much as I love my dog I would never want to take her to Disney World with me. So, my fear was that I was going to end up with a room that smelt like a dog. I told myself that I was probably getting worked up for nothing though(which I was). On a bright note this now made me 18/18 when it comes to staying in Magnolia Bend!! I guess the bayou section just isn't in the cards for me!!
IMG_3071.PNG

And here is where the title of the TR comes in.......
IMG_4453.jpeg

Apparently, right before we took off JSR sent me the text about it being the best Disney trip ever. My phone must have already been in airplane mode b/c I didn't get it until we landed. A few years ago JSR & E were having a super bowl party. I was in Disney with my brothers family. Things must have been getting a little out of hand at the party(courtesy of R--you all remember him, right?;)). They all kept texting me asking me if I wished that I was there b/c I was "missing the best super bowl party EVER." To this day when R & JSR talk about that party they still refer to it as "the best super bowl party EVER"(with quite a bit of emphasis on "ever"). Over the week JSR kept it up about it being the "best Disney trip EVER" so I though it was only fitting to title this TR that.

I took these pics of J & sent them to my dad to let him know that we had landed.
IMG_3072.JPEG

IMG_3074.JPEG

"Monorail" round two!!
IMG_3075.JPEG

Whoa--they now post wait times for the ME??
IMG_3076.JPEG

Last edited:

susan lees

Hello, hello everyone!! A warm welcome to everyone reading--I'm so glad you're here!!

WHEN: Tuesday, November 5th - Tuesday, November 12th

WHERE: I think you know us well enough by now!!

WHO: I'm sure you know most of us(don't worry--I'm not going to confuse you all like I did in June;)). In case you don't though, there's me, my nephew J, & my sister E. Besides us usual 3 Musketeers, E's husband/J's dad/my BIL joined us for the fun!! To keep confusion to a minimum for this TR I will refer to him as JSR.
View attachment 426847
You could also call us "The Red Family". When E asked J what color MB he wanted he said that he wanted red & that we should all get that color so we could be "The Red Family". I know you can't see E's but trust me, her's was red also.

Looking forward to reliving "The Best Disney Trip EVER" with you all!!

Tuesday, November 5th

The plan was to leave E & JSR's at 7:00. I went to work for 5:30 to get a few last minute things done--also so that I could say to my boss that I was only off for 7 days, not 8. He teases me that "vacations are 7 days not 8". After doing some work & him teasing me a bit I was off on my merry way!! I got to their house only to find out that JSR was still packing!!:jawdrop: E was not thrilled in the least. He must have been close to being done though b/c we were only delayed a few minutes.

Then came the next delay. It was Election Day and E & JSR wanted to due their civic duty. I sat in the car with J & we talked Disney while we waited.
View attachment 426848

And, in typical Pittsburgh fashion, it was raining.
View attachment 426849

Rush hour traffic + heavy rain = a slow commute to the airport. I don't know what it is with this town but it seems like no one can drive in the rain around here. Trust me, we get more than our fair share of it so you think people would be used to it.
View attachment 426850

As we were waiting to check our luggage in the woman behind us noticed our luggage tags & said that she was going to Disney also and was staying at Caribbean Beach. She asked if this was our first time going which prompted JSR to throw in a few digs about us & the frequency of our trips. I think he's just jealous ;)
View attachment 426851

The Southwest agent was slower than molasses but after 10 minutes or so it was our turn.
View attachment 426852

JSR made fun of me all week b/c of this. I had two suitcases. The small one weighed 20 lbs & this one was 36.5. He kept saying, "How did you manage to bring 56 lbs. of clothes?" As it turned out, due to his last minute packing there were quite a few things that he forgot so I told him at least I didn't have that problem. He also told me not to tell E about what he had forgot b/c he didn't want to hear her say "I told you so".
View attachment 426853

E went to park the car while the J's & I proceeded to security. But wait, I couldn't go just yet. For whatever reason the Southwest agent left one of the suitcases behind. After unsuccessfully trying to get his attention for about 5 minutes I finally interrupted him & asked him to please put it on the belt. I was getting nervous that it would somehow get forgotten. He looked at me with a surprised look on his face & said he didn't notice it there. Really??
View attachment 426854

On the "monorail" we go!!
View attachment 426855
So we missed each other again! Well here's to the next time lol. I'm glad you got your case on your flight, I wasn't so fortunate and my main suitcase went missing for 5 days out of 8 😡. I did have fun shopping for clothes, toiletries etc. Fortunately I can claim that back from airline😊. Looking forward to your report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom