McDonald's near to Disney All Star Resort to close for remodel

Hopefully when they reopen they will start doing character breakfasts again. Loved getting pictures with Donald and the Hamburglar fighting over my McDouble.

chrisirmo

Let me guess, it'll be just like every other McDonald's "experience of the future" remodel — more ordering kiosks and fewer humans to take your order (if any at all) and thus MORE time spent ordering your food even though the kitchen can crank it out faster.

Minthorne

Will there be a ball pit?

raymusiccity

That original architecture always fit well with those All Star Resorts. Good synergy.

They should go back to the original 'conveyor belt' running through the dining areas. The new 'Kitchen in the Sky' concept would be awesome. (Sydney, Australia location)
C-McDonalds-Sky-1_kitchen-320x200.jpg

Attachments

• 4C6AC27100000578-5747303-image-a-1_1526715416312.jpg
    4C6AC27100000578-5747303-image-a-1_1526715416312.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Let me guess, it'll be just like every other McDonald's "experience of the future" remodel — more ordering kiosks and fewer humans to take your order (if any at all) and thus MORE time spent ordering your food even though the kitchen can crank it out faster.
You can reserve a Big Mac and fries 180 days ahead. Just scan your magic band and they will take it out from the heat lamp it has been living u set since you ordered it.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
I assume this will be just like almost every McDonald's around town. Here in Orlando they have been knocking them to the ground and rebuilding fresh.

Minthorne

You can reserve a Big Mac and fries 180 days ahead. Just scan your magic band and they will take it out from the heat lamp it has been living u set since you ordered it.

This made me think of a Wegmans2go experience I had a couple weeks ago. I got an email coupon to try this so I ordered sushi to pick up in store. I ordered it for 4:15pm At 3:45p I got the message it was ready (wow so early). Well I didn't expect to get there until 4:15 and with traffic it was closer to 4:30pm I went in to pick it. The raw sushi had been sitting out on a shelf in the store ready for pickup for about 45minutes, right next to the heater box to keep pickup pizzas hot. This meant by the time I got it home it would have been sitting out over an hour. Now there was a refrigerator at the pickup location inside the store, but apparently no one thought to store raw fish in there. After I said something it took about 15 minutes for them to remake the order fresh. I'm just glad I hadn't chosen the curbside pickup - I'd have never now the fish had been out so long. This was the last time I tried Wegmans2go.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
This made me think of a Wegmans2go experience I had a couple weeks ago. I got an email coupon to try this so I ordered sushi to pick up in store. I ordered it for 4:15pm At 3:45p I got the message it was ready (wow so early). Well I didn't expect to get there until 4:15 and with traffic it was closer to 4:30pm I went in to pick it. The raw sushi had been sitting out on a shelf in the store ready for pickup for about 45minutes, right next to the heater box to keep pickup pizzas hot. This meant by the time I got it home it would have been sitting out over an hour. Now there was a refrigerator at the pickup location inside the store, but apparently no one thought to store raw fish in there. After I said something it took about 15 minutes for them to remake the order fresh. I'm just glad I hadn't chosen the curbside pickup - I'd have never now the fish had been out so long. This was the last time I tried Wegmans2go.
Oof!!

ThatMouse

I wonder who owns it and how they decide what it looks like? StarBucks run by Parks is surprising to me, since StarBucks is not a franchise.

danyoung56

The McDonald's near me (in Dallas) just went through the same thing - total teardown to the pavement, and then rebuild from scratch. I wonder if this is a company wide plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom