Trip Report “Are we outside?” A Disneyland report COMPLETED

The Disney blues have officially set in however we had the best time and made the best memories.

Who: ME! Hubby, Paca, Grandma, Bear, Nene, Jet and Handsome.

Where: Disneyland Hotel
When: Oct 11 to Oct 18
Why: Handsome’s 4th birthday

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Our kids had school Friday but Hubby and I had the day off. We walked everyone to school and then spent a few hours running errands. It was a nice way to spend the morning since we rarely get time just the two of us. We picked up the kids from school early and then headed out to the airport.

Our flight was scheduled to leave at 4:02 but we got pushed back to 4:46. We entertained ourselves with these cute Evian Disney water bottles.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
My in-laws were meeting us at LAX. Since they had extra time due to our delay they went to Enterprise to pick up the rental. I am the resident chauffeur in our group so we made a brief stop back at Enterprise so I could be added as a driver. About an hour later we arrived at Disneyland hotel.

It was 8:00pm so check in was quick. We were in the Fantasy tower.

T
his location was great for us. It was easy at check in, easy pool and park access. I would love to stay here again. Plus we booked a standard but had a view of the park. I see you Galaxy’s Edge. @Darstarr gave me photography tips before my trip;).

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We all were exhausted and hungry from our travels. We polished off the almonds and goldfish that were left in my carry on. I fell asleep the moment my head hit the plush comfy pillow.

SaturdayOctober 12:

5 hours later at 2:19am I was up:bored:. I am a morning person. I like to get up drink my coffee and check off my to do list. That wasn’t possible at 2:19. I killed three hours reading these boards and cleaning up my work emails. At 5:30 the kids woke up:). Hubby (the night owl) drug himself out of bed and we got ready for our 1st Park day.

Security was a breeze at Downtown Disney. One of the easiest parts of this trip was getting coffee. We were used to standing in line 15 minutes in the parks at WDW losing precious ride time in the morning. At DLR we would mobile order on the Starbucks app at the Downtown Disney location II when we left the room and it would be ready by the time we walked there.
Disneyland was opening at 7:00 so that was our destination however we took advantage of DCA’s empty turnstiles for a photo shoot.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We were one of the 1st people in the park but we move slow so we were quickly passed by a lot of park goers. My mother in law broke her hip last November so it was impressive how much she was able to walk!

At Nene’s request we went to Hyperspace Mountain first. Our last trip to WDW she barely missed riding. Now she was clearly tall enough and so was Handsome.

Jet looked like she was snoozing on this one. That time change really kicked our bottoms!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom