Christmas Special Taping Nov. 7-10 2019

brb1006

That tree is way overdue for replacement.

How long has that Christmas Tree been at MK? Because I seen older videos of the Magic Kingdom from the Christmas Season where they had a different Christmas Tree.

Here's two screenshots of Spectromagic running on Christmas Day of 1992 where this Christmas Tree is shown.

The Christmas Tree shown in this video was allowed to stay lit and was much brighter.

TTA94

Bummer it’s earlier this year. Was interesting to see FOF performing at dusk on taping days in past years. By the time it got to Main Street the lights were on :). One year they actually ran the entire OUACT parade after taping.

itsy bitsy spider

I don't know why anyone would want to go to the park on one of these days. Big whoop you may get on camera for a half a second. Who gives a rat's behind?

nickys

Premium Member
I don't know why anyone would want to go to the park on one of these days. Big whoop you may get on camera for a half a second. Who gives a rat's behind?

Except that most people will already have planned their park days, including already booked their Fastpasses by the time it was announced.

But most of it is before park opening anyway, isn’t it? Or at least not “open” to the public.

HauntedMansionFLA

Except that most people will already have planned their park days, including already booked their Fastpasses by the time it was announced.

But most of it is before park opening anyway, isn’t it? Or at least not “open” to the public.
It’s during regular park hours. Cast members stand in as “guest”

SugarMagnolia75

Unfortunately, we will be at MK during that time. We made our plans months ago and are only down for the weekend. I have no interest in the Christmas Special. We'll just have to make the best of it.

toonaspie

I use to watch Disney's Christmas Parade, RELIGIOUSLY every year. Then they stopped filming the parade and only doing music acts on floats along MSUSA and around the park. I stopped watching because its just one big infomercial for Disney.
I remember when it was live and an actual parade! It was the best thing to be in Disney on Christmas Day and watch a LIVE televised Parade and hope your family might see you on TV. Disneyland get more love than WDW!

I hate how all televised parades now are just musical acts with no substance and no creativity to them. I can't remember the last time I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade where it was about the balloon floats.

And Disney's Christmas parades are the worst with this. I wouldn't mind them being an advertising plug for the parks. Guess I'm too old to sit through two hours of the same pop concert every year.

VJ

I use to watch Disney's Christmas Parade, RELIGIOUSLY every year. Then they stopped filming the parade and only doing music acts on floats along MSUSA and around the park. I stopped watching because its just one big infomercial for Disney.
I remember when it was live and an actual parade! It was the best thing to be in Disney on Christmas Day and watch a LIVE televised Parade and hope your family might see you on TV. Disneyland get more love than WDW!
The Disney TV specials, even those hosted by Walt, were always infomercials for Disney. Even if they did a particularly good job of hiding that.

yensid67

The Disney TV specials, even those hosted by Walt, were always infomercials for Disney. Even if they did a particularly good job of hiding that.
True. But at least you only got a few minutes of 'infomercial' with Walt and a movie...now you get a full 2 hr infomercial and nothing else besides a FAKE Parade from WDW and most of the entertainers ya never heard of most of the time! I say bring back the LIVE Christmas Day Parade from Walt Disney World...yes it might take a little more work on their part, but think of all the people that might see it and think, "I wanna go there!" During the LIVE parade you got to see real families enjoying WDW. Oh, the nostalgia of it all!

Rambozo

That Banks guy from Attractions Magazines is usually there for the tapings. It's hard to miss him, because he's 300 and something pounds.

Victor Kelly

I heard they've remade the Star Wars Christmas Special with an emphasis on previously unseen sentient Porgs and a resurrected Leia.
She is not resurrected, she is a Force ghost like old Ben.😁

I remember always watching this every Christmas. They used to film in December but with them doing so many individual segments they need a lot of production time. I have not watched this for a long time because I lost interest.

I was also there ONE and only one Christmas day, never will do that again, ever. Complete insanity. They closed the gates by 9:30 because they hit capacity. We shared a four person table with another family making it an 8 person table. Turns out they lived 2 streets from us. By 11:30 we were on the way to Epcot.

The parking lot to Mk was full. Overflow went on the grass at Contemporary where the convention center now stands. And there were cars parked on the sides or World Drive. Different times back then, and it was 1986. Too......many.......people. Epcot Center was barely any people. Walked on all the major attractions, ate wherever we wanted.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Ahhhhhh Christmas, Tis the season to be inappropriately close to strangers who don't believe in wearing deodorant. And waiting in long lines where people play loud guessing games with no disregard to the people around them. Ahhhhhh Merry Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom