Disney Wish

Maelstrom Troll

The more I see I guess I’m getting a little less excited. It seems some of the theming is disjointed and random, overdone in some areas and underdone in others.
The Star Wars bar isn’t nearly as cool as what I thought it would be but at least the $5000 cocktail comes with some extras. The waterslide is just okay. The whole thing kind of reeks of Disney again catering to the ultra wealthy esp w/ the in funnel two-story villa, twice a number of concierge rooms and all the other things that most people won’t ever see again.

I think for now until there are more cohesive pictures and real reviews, we will probably stick to the older ships. We much prefer the art nouveau and art deco decor anyway over the over the top IP injected theming of the wish.

dothebrdwalk

I think Disney was trying to go after a more modern/luxurious vibe compared to their other ships and they definitely achieved that. Is it perfect? No. But it's a definite step up from the other 4 ships in terms of market they are trying to reach.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
The more I see I guess I’m getting a little less excited. It seems some of the theming is disjointed and random, overdone in some areas and underdone in others.
The Star Wars bar isn’t nearly as cool as what I thought it would be but at least the $5000 cocktail comes with some extras. The waterslide is just okay. The whole thing kind of reeks of Disney again catering to the ultra wealthy esp w/ the in funnel two-story villa, twice a number of concierge rooms and all the other things that most people won’t ever see again.

I think for now until there are more cohesive pictures and real reviews, we will probably stick to the older ships. We much prefer the art nouveau and art deco decor anyway over the over the top IP injected theming of the wish.
I can't disagree with you. I'm booked on the Wish in September, and I have a feeling it'll be a one-and-done for me. While the atrium looks impressive, its also very different than the other ships. I'm totally underwhelmed by the photos I've seen of the Star Wars lounge, I can only hope that it looks better in person.

The Magic is still my favorite of the DCL ships (and it wasn't the first one that I sailed on).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Details on the 5k Kaiburr Crystal cocktail -

"According to a bartender in the lounge, the galactic beverage is primarily made with Camus cognac. It also includes the Japanese citrus fruit, yuzu, as well as kumquat. Apparently, ritzy cocktails can never have enough cognac, because the Kaiburr Crystal also features Grand Marnier Quintessence, which is considerably pricier than Camus cognac. Speaking of pricey, the bartenders add shots of ultra-expensive Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 Year bourbon and Taylor's Fladgate Kingsman Edition Very Old Tawny Port.

Guests get to keep the silver plated glasses in which the drinks are served. (But not, alas, the cool Star Wars container gizmo.) They also get amenities delivered to their staterooms, including flowers and personalized sparkling wine from Skywalker Vineyards, the wine estate owned by none other than Mr. “Star Wars,” George Lucas. They can check out the grapes that made the wine, because the $5,000 package includes a visit to the vineyard, which is located at Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, California. Tours are not otherwise available to the public."

It's absolutely criminal to add 23-year Pappy to something like that. What the actual...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think Disney was trying to go after a more modern/luxurious vibe compared to their other ships and they definitely achieved that. Is it perfect? No. But it's a definite step up from the other 4 ships in terms of market they are trying to reach.
I wouldn't expect them to repeat essentially the same thing they have already done for a 5th time. It is a different class of ships, so it better be different. Options are good. The princess theme/décor doesn't do it for me personally, but I still think it is a beautiful ship and I am very excited to sail on it next year. And I am really interested in seeing the next two ships that apparently have their own overall themes rather than princess.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think they are in separate "shot glasses"

If that's the case, it's a bit more acceptable, but still... it's 23 year Pappy. It doesn't need to be added to anything, separate shot or not. Anyone involved with it being part of anything other than its own pour needs to seriously reconsider their career choices.

ToTBellHop

I wonder why no mini golf? That is a major bummer.
I know. The top deck seems rather paltry. Some of the modifications (big indoor sports room) suggest they eventually want this in Alaska or Europe (cooler temps). This design isn’t a great match for Caribbean cruises.

6 tiny pools and half an Aquaduck? Guess I’ll just look at Tinker Bell on my phone.

Feels like this will be a one-and-done and then we will just stick with Royal Caribbean. More to do at half the price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom