Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

James Alucobond

Soooooo the plumbing is still being worked on? Really? Where is this water being pumped from? I guess the water will definitely be taking a journey.
Still being worked on in what sense? We've seen the entrance feature being tested, the waterfall at the back of the attraction turned on, and some of the pools partially filled. I would imagine the plumbing is essentially finished given the level of completion throughout the attraction even if some features are still being tested and adjusted. Water is presumably being pumped in from the new facility just north of Journey of Water.

SilentWindODoom

seems like a really wide backstage pathway going into/out of the pumping station, wonder why its so wide?

I went to the satellite to see if there was a place for a vehicle to make it to this place from offstage. From the looks of things, though, this seems to be existing. A roadway the exact same look and location was already leading into the building that was there.

I don't know what the new fascination is with Moana. Great princess and all, but geez, at least put her where she makes a lick of sense.

While popular culture as we know it isn't as huge on Moana as Frozen or the Renaissance titles, it's really taken told with children and any parent with young children I've heard talk about Disney+ in my personal life and in media mentions that their children constantly watch it. The Company no doubt knows that it's getting a lot of play.

Bocabear

Getting a lot of play or not, and I personally liked that film a lot. It really was a blunder to not put it where it made sense... Even if they wanted to shoehorn it into Epcot, Create a proper Pacific Islands Pavilion for it in World Showcase...
Put it in Animal Kingdom where it fits the idiom of the park, Put it in Adventureland to add another something to do... but not in the front of Epcot... I can hardly wait for Encanto in Tomorrowland...

GimpYancIent

Getting a lot of play or not, and I personally liked that film a lot. It really was a blunder to not put it where it made sense... Even if they wanted to shoehorn it into Epcot, Create a proper Pacific Islands Pavilion for it in World Showcase...
Put it in Animal Kingdom where it fits the idiom of the park, Put it in Adventureland to add another something to do... but not in the front of Epcot... I can hardly wait for Encanto in Tomorrowland...
No issue with the point that the location for Journey of Water featuring Moana was poorly thought through and poorly placed. Absolutely AK and possibly AL would be the most logical. That ship has sailed, water under the bridge, etc. it is being constructed in EPCOT, the issue is the process is moving at a snail's pace, the construction crews must be sloths. The perpetual construction walls totally destroy the ambiance of the area. As is its an eyesore. People do not go to WDW to view construction sites, plenty of construction sites for public view outside of WDW and there is no charge.

SilentWindODoom

Idiom?

Mr. Stay Puft

Is there anyone who's actually excited about this "attraction" when it finally opens? Especially since it's been budgeted to hell from its original plan, which wasn't all that exciting either.

Putting aside of course, the end to all the construction behind Spaceship Earth.

James Alucobond

Is there anyone who's actually excited about this "attraction" when it finally opens? Especially since it's been budgeted to hell from its original plan, which wasn't all that exciting either.

Putting aside of course, the end to all the construction behind Spaceship Earth.
Journey of Water itself is unchanged from the original vision for the space. The gardens, festival center, and rear exit from Spaceship Earth are what ended up being modified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom