Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

ppete1975

Can someone explain to me how bioreconstruct works? I know drone usage is prohibited at Disney and universal but they always have aerial photos of the parks. Are they affiliated with the parks? Are they using Google satellite or something? Always wondered.

I did find an article/interview that he hires helicopters and dangles out the side taking pics... but that doesnt sound accurate to me.

lazyboy97o

Can someone explain to me how bioreconstruct works? I know drone usage is prohibited at Disney and universal but they always have aerial photos of the parks. Are they affiliated with the parks? Are they using Google satellite or something? Always wondered.

I did find an article/interview that he hires helicopters and dangles out the side taking pics... but that doesnt sound accurate to me.
You’ve never seen all of the helicopters flying overhead giving tours? There are a couple of companies that offer them for relatively cheap. There’s a heliport right next to I-4 just south of Universal Orlando Resort.

Kamikaze

Its accurate. Though I'm pretty sure that he's the chopper pilot, just doesn't want to admit to that.

ppete1975

You’ve never seen all of the helicopters flying overhead giving tours? There are a couple of companies that offer them for relatively cheap. There’s a heliport right next to I-4 just south of Universal Orlando Resort.
I live in oklahoma, so no. I just assumed that most of the area that the pictures come from would be faa protected areas. And a drone would be more efficient than renting a helicopter constantly.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’ve often wondered if he’s a pilot for one of those companies. He gets some amazing shots, I also suspect he’s got some high quality zoom lenses.

lazyboy97o

I live in oklahoma, so no. I just assumed that most of the area that the pictures come from would be faa protected areas. And a drone would be more efficient than renting a helicopter constantly.
The helicopters fly over the parks rather frequently. The only park with restricted airspace is Magic Kingdom and that area only extends out to a portion of Epcot. You can book different tours over different parks and even single trips over all of them. That’s a lot easier than driving to different places to secretly launch a drone.

ppete1975

The helicopters fly over the parks rather frequently. The only park with restricted airspace is Magic Kingdom and that area only extends out to a portion of Epcot. You can book different tours over different parks and even single trips over all of them. That’s a lot easier than driving to different places to secretly launch a drone.
I assumed the drone thing would have been approved by Disney and Universal since it is kind of free advertising and keeping the hype up for new attractions.. without directly coming from them. Clearly I over thought it. :)

CampbellzSoup

lol for real. having a walkthrough exhibit about waters life cycle fits epcot great imo. Also, this is for kids to explore and have fun as they walkthrough. I doubt Disney puts much thought into what 40+ year old adults with no kids think about attractions lol.

Who has no kids?

DonniePeverley

HALF A DECADE of walls (when this is finished) for glorified rock work and trees.

Utter nonsense of the highest order.

And no doubt once this project is finished we'll get videos from the usual youtubers crying about how glorious the rocks are. Give me a break.

Nothing at all i see in the apparent final pictures tells me this was worth gutting Epcot for half a decade.

Incomudro

No way this waits to open in Late 2023. I’d bet on late Spring.
I don't know...
We've got to remember, there's no ride.
In other recent large builds like this - Pandora and Galaxy's Edge - there were two rides being constructed in each of those lands.
Here, it's just rockwork, painting, and landscaping - and the structures aren't very large.
It may not take as long as we think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom