Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1654373670821.png

1654373830753.png

SilentWindODoom

The art is misleading. I thought it rather clear that the circular planter currently in a sea of concrete was the one to the right of the art. But no. It's a circular planter barely visible beneath the heavy foliage on the center side of the existing water. The Seas Pavilion is misplaced in the Art. You can see on the aerial that the curved railing at what I assume is the exit of the attraction is the current edge of the existing water.

The art seems to suggest a perpendicular line off the monorail at the pylon would go through the neighboring circular shape of the Seas entrance a quarter of the way through. The satellite suggests the pylon is much lower down, almost so far the line would be tangential instead. But it may be a trick of perspective. Either way, looking at the art the coloring would suggest the water would continue through to the pavilion itself, so...

Just like the new Toontown art. The existing surrounding stuff is just kinda drawn for context, but don't put too much stock in its accuracy. They smooshed everything close enough to give you an idea of how it would interact with its surroundings.

Moana.png

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, June 9, 2022. Some closeup views of Epcot's Journey of Water construction, as taken from the monorail.

IMG_3694 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3695 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3697 - Copy - Copy.JPG

IMG_3697 - Copy.JPG

The concrete box structure in the following two photos appears to be a water retention tank, similar to the backstage one for Splash Mountain. Previous to this view of the structure, there was a deep concrete tank built below this grade. Note the four large pipes in the wall in the second photo below.

IMG_3698 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3699 - Copy.JPG

J4546

I know this project gets a lot of hate but Im looking forward to this. A nice shaded, lush and tropical walkthrough attraction is fine by me. I like walkthrough stuff like Treehouse and Tom Sawyer Island and i really really wish Epcot would get a Camp Discovery mountain climbing obstacle course between the land and seas pavilion......but probably wont due to liability stuff in USA

Epcot82Guy

I know this project gets a lot of hate but Im looking forward to this. A nice shaded, lush and tropical walkthrough attraction is fine by me. I like walkthrough stuff like Treehouse and Tom Sawyer Island and i really really wish Epcot would get a Camp Discovery mountain climbing obstacle course between the land and seas pavilion......but probably wont due to liability stuff in USA

I think this is a very fair assessment. It's not the idea of what we are getting - rather how they seem to be implementing it that deserves the criticism.

Vinnie Mac

Photo update as of Thursday, June 9, 2022. Some closeup views of Epcot's Journey of Water construction, as taken from the monorail.

View attachment 644585

View attachment 644587

View attachment 644588

View attachment 644589

The concrete box structure in the following two photos appears to be a water retention tank, similar to the backstage one for Splash Mountain. Previous to this view of the structure, there was a deep concrete tank built below this grade. Note the four large pipes in the wall in the second photo below.

View attachment 644592

View attachment 644591
Some of these angles make the area look like a toy model lol

SilentWindODoom

How big Will this attraction be ( on stage )?

By the look of the plans that have been seen and the art we've looked at in recent pages, it looks like it breaks down roughly thusly:

MoanaFootprint.png

EDIT: After failing to find a similar-sized space in Epcot, I posted this, but then decided to compare it to the Redwood Creek Trail. Moana appears to be about 1.5 times the size.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom