Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

dreday3

Well, they are also working on the new show fountain, dreamers point, and prepping the 'festival area' in such a way that they can add a big edifice later.

Not saying they aren't taking their time about it, but it's more than a landscaped water feature.

I want a t-shirt that says "I'm just here for the Water Feature". W and F capitalized so you know that it's a big deal.

:D

Bocabear

Well, they are also working on the new show fountain, dreamers point, and prepping the 'festival area' in such a way that they can add a big edifice later.

Not saying they aren't taking their time about it, but it's more than a landscaped water feature.
I thought the "Festival Area" was just going to be an event lawn...IE artificial turf patch of nothing...What is there to prepare? When and if they ever decide to build something they will rollup the turf, Scrape the ground again and build....
And I don't think anyone really knows what the heck they are building for Journey Of Water... It's a fountain, It's an educational Exhibit, It is not a water play area, It is not just a landscaped Water Feature... It is completely vague....

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I thought the "Festival Area" was just going to be an event lawn...IE artificial turf patch of nothing...What is there to prepare? When and if they ever decide to build something they will rollup the turf, Scrape the ground again and build....
And I don't think anyone really knows what the heck they are building for Journey Of Water... It's a fountain, It's an educational Exhibit, It is not a water play area, It is not just a landscaped Water Feature... It is completely vague....

I hate to be realistic, but if they dont have an itemized list of its features that can be compared to what is delivered, you'll just have to be grateful with whatever shows up. Just like Magic Kingdom, they are building on top of a tunnel.
epcot_tunnel.jpg

FerretAfros

Fountains, statues, and multi-purpose outdoor spaces are all very much in the purview of landscape architecture.

A quick image search will show that these are all relatively standard elements that are included on the website of nearly every landscape architecture firm in the country. The details may be different (similar to how a theme park building differs from a typical building), but none of the basic elements are outside the scope of what's traditionally categorized as "landscape architecture."

capture.jpg

Landscaping isn't just flowers, shrubs, and trees. It's all the glue that holds together the non-building areas of a theme park, and what can separate the "good" parks from the "great" ones. It's the organizing principle that defines the park layout; it's the quiet corners where you can escape the crowds of the park; it's the walkways, benches, trash cans, kiosks, and more that fill the in-between spaces in memorable ways.

The elements under construction in Epcot may be really nice. They may allow future alterations or additions. They may become sentimental locations for some guests. But they are landscaping.

The middle of the park has been torn up for 29 months (and counting) for landscaping. Nothing we've seen would indicate otherwise.

I've always found it at least decent if you know what to get, sometimes very good. The atmosphere is also wonderful, though the carpet and some other surfaces/furnishings were in need of a refresh the last time I was there.
Was only there once a few years ago. None of us enjoyed it enough to go back. Strongly agree with the last part of your second sentence. I hope it gets refurbished at some point—assuming it hasn’t been since we were last there.

J4546

Im pretty hopeful for how big this walkthrough area will be, in the pics it seems like a large area, also the GotG building really doesnt look that bad in this pic imo.

Attachments

• journey-of-water-moana-construction-5-1200x675.jpg
    journey-of-water-moana-construction-5-1200x675.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 152

James Alucobond

Im pretty hopeful for how big this walkthrough area will be, in the pics it seems like a large area, also the GotG building really doesnt look that bad in this pic imo.
"Not that bad" shouldn't be in their vocabulary, quite frankly. Especially when all they had to do was inexpensively (relatively speaking) dress it to look like an intentional, minimalist, moderately futuristic structure.

James Alucobond

i dont know, i feel like dressing it up would make it stand out much more, but whatever
It would stand out as much as, say, the Contemporary does from Tomorrowland. It's already mostly hidden from within World Discovery, so you just have to make it look like it fits thematically when you see it from World Nature and World Showcase. It could impact the monorail ride in, but I feel like it's already huge and oppressive there. Can't get much worse.

Vegas Disney Fan

"Not that bad" shouldn't be in their vocabulary, quite frankly. Especially when all they had to do was inexpensively (relatively speaking) dress it to look like an intentional, minimalist, moderately futuristic structure.
They showed the Birds Nest during the Olympics and the BBB was the first thing I thought of, a little added detail wouldn’t hide it but it could help make it feel like it belongs with the other unique buildings in Epcot…

18F86F02-760A-45A1-A45E-BCCE410F3908.jpeg
E2F36269-103A-4445-822F-C5A40DA4CFF8.jpeg
AF9FAE54-4057-4631-B656-937213AAEB20.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom