Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Animaniac93-98

I think Coral Reef was always a moderately popular restaurant pre-DDP, but then that made it harder to book as DDP visitors were not interested in most other EPCOT locations and figured the seafood place was a safe choice.

Incomudro

Coral Reef is our one must do restaurant.
We made it our regular thing when we were making annual WDW trips.
Sadly, our last trip was 5 years ago - partially due to covid which caused us to postpone our 2020 trip.
Well, we're finally going back this March!
I did notice a decline in Coral Reefs food, from real restaurant good - just pretty good the last perhaps two times I went.
Then again, I can say that I noticed a similar decline in many of the other places we've eaten in at WDW as well.

Sir_Cliff

I've heard it's not very good now, but it used to be one of Disney's higher end restaurants.

I bet a bunch of people don't know it's there. It's pretty hidden around the side of the pavilion.
That has always been my impression. I remember going there on my very first trip to WDW in 1994 and it was both quite good and hyped as one of WDW's top restaurants.

Since then, it seems to have kind of faded away.

Mac Tonight

We ate there last November and enjoyed ourselves. It could have been the fact that it was the first day of our trip, so we were on an excitement high, or just the overall ambience, which can't be beat (we were seated up against the tank).

Now that time has passed, I can say that the food wasn't as exquisite as one would find in a higher class restaurant, but it also wasn't terrible by any stretch.

Food: 7.5/10
Atmosphere: 10/10

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I will be truly disappointed if this doesn't move more quickly than that. They should be pushing really hard to open the center of the park in quarters, with Connections + Starbucks next, Moana after that, and the festival area after that. Considering they've promised this will wrap up in 2023, I would hope they're down to just the festival area by late 2023. The sooner they can revert previously backstage areas to backstage the better.

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
For the time this project is taking to be completed, it better be worth it, but at this point, I just want those darn walls finally gone, tbh.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

For the time this project is taking to be completed, it better be worth it, but at this point, I just want those darn walls finally gone, tbh.
I don't really think there's much chance of it being "worth it", generally speaking. Even as originally envisioned, it's mostly just a shifting around of pre-existing functionality. I do look forward the walls being gone and hope it's attractive, though.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I don't really think there's much chance of it being "worth it", generally speaking. Even as originally envisioned, it's mostly just a shifting around of pre-existing functionality. I do look forward the walls being gone and hope it's attractive, though.
Should've said "worth it to those excited about this". Hope it's attractive, too.

James Alucobond

Should've said "worth it to those excited about this". Hope it's attractive, too.
I'm excited to see it and do look forward to it. I just mean that there's very little chance of it being worth the financial investment to the average guest when the result, while shiny and new, doesn't really increase the number of attractions in the park or fix anything that was inherently broken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom