REVIEW - Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo at Disney's Hollywood Studios

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What an operational nightmare this place is. We placed our mobile order and got a "too bad, you didn't pick up your food in time so we threw it out and charged you anyways" notification without them ever having sent me the "your food is ready" notification. After I pointed this out to the cast member who knew I had been standing there waiting for 20 minutes, she fixed it for me, but the food was ice cold at that point.

All I can say is GOOD LUCK getting a table for anything bigger than a party of 2 adults, and absolutely forget it if you need a high chair. Complete cluster in there. The food was really creative and delicious, even the vegan option, but I won't be back. It's disappointing that they could hit such a home run with Satuli and then flop here. Way too little seating smashed way too close together.

TrainsOfDisney

What an operational nightmare this place is. We placed our mobile order and got a "too bad, you didn't pick up your food in time so we threw it out and charged you anyways" notification without them ever having sent me the "your food is ready" notification. After I pointed this out to the cast member who knew I had been standing there waiting for 20 minutes, she fixed it for me, but the food was ice cold at that point.

All I can say is GOOD LUCK getting a table for anything bigger than a party of 2 adults, and absolutely forget it if you need a high chair. Complete cluster in there. The food was really creative and delicious, even the vegan option, but I won't be back. It's disappointing that they could hit such a home run with Satuli and then flop here. Way too little seating smashed way too close together.
My experience a few months after they opened was very similar. I was waiting in line watching my food get cold as other guests jumped in front of “the line” to ask questions, get forgotten items, etc. Was extremely frustrating and yes a totally opposite experience from Satuli.

Little Green Men

Odd, had zero issues there in June when i mobile ordered

doctornick

Hmmm. Wow, we had completely different experiences. Went there twice on our recent trip and we rarely ever repeat a QS on a trip but went back because of how much we enjoyed it. We loved each of the foot items - and we tried I think every one of the main platters - all good flavor, tenderness, etc and no problems with getting our food on time or the temperature. Some of the sides were a bit of missed but I think it was more our food preferences and not the quality of the items (I wish you could mix and match sides because we generally really liked at least one of the two items)

we also didn’t have problems getting seats and we were 5 people the first time and 6 the second. I don’t think we ate at particularly weird times either (both were lunch) though we were there during one of the slower weeks in August.

I’m sorry you had a poor experience; we actually can’t wait to eat there again.

doctornick

As an aside I looked at the initial review and it seems the menu changed significantly. When did that happen? We loved some of the seemingly newer stuff like the Pirjanad Hot Chicken Tip Yip and the Peka Tuna Poke

Karakasa

I had zero issues with mobile ordering last Friday (the 3rd) myself, so I'm surprised to hear others had issues. The "your order is ready" came only about five minutes after ordering, there were a good number of seats available inside, and the food was delicious and perfectly cooked. It's not like the park was as empty as the parks had been the last 5 days, either- a lot of lines were a good 15-45 minutes longer than they were on the Monday before, Star Tours was the only really empty one.

Dapale

We placed our mobile order and got a "too bad, you didn't pick up your food in time so we threw it out and charged you anyways" notification without them ever having sent me the "your food is ready" notification
I had this happen once at the harambe market eatery. The CM at the window seemed annoyed that we didn't pick up our food in time, even though we never got the notification. I think the messaging on the app is quite brutal too, it could just be a simple "You didn't pick up your food in time! Please talk to a Cast Member at this dining location for assistance" instead of "You didn't pick up your order but we charged you anyway" 🤣

Incomudro

Went to Docking Bay 7 on the trip we just came back from between march 21 -27th.
We had no issue with the mobile ordering, and we were shocked at how good the food was.
It's at least up to the level of a good Disney table service restaurant, and I'd say better than that depending on the table service restaurant in question.
A bit tough to find seating, we couldn't get it in the main portion of the building and had to sit in the smaller room out back.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Went to Docking Bay 7 on the trip we just came back from between march 21 -27th.
We had no issue with the mobile ordering, and we were shocked at how good the food was.
It's at least up to the level of a good Disney table service restaurant, and I'd say better than that depending on the table service restaurant in question.
A bit tough to find seating, we couldn't get it in the main portion of the building and had to sit in the smaller room out back.
No more supply issues, like substituting a bag of chips for tater tots?

ToTBellHop

Well they've got that luxury starliner now, maybe it has enough space to carry in supplies with the passenger shuttles...
The Galactic Starcruiser is currently circling the planet while it awaits a port in which to dock. Staffing shortages on Batuu are unfortunately resulting in droid supply line issues. Because of this, guests will notice a lack of droids traveling around Batuu. This will be resolved during Phase 108 of the Phased Reopening®

ChrisM

Was there the same timeframe.

Mobile ordering was quick and efficient.

The beef was terrible; seemed like it was made an hour or two before serving. Both chicken and falafel dishes were very good, as was the outpost puff.

Had never had Moof Juice before and barely had any taste - incredibly watered down.

gerarar

Premium Member
Anyone know?

DHS GE still has the cubes of fried chicken as of a week ago, which is pretty good confirmation imo.

Although it's good to note that when the QSR originally opened, it was one long rectangle cube of chicken, now it's two smaller rectangular cubes of chicken. Probably easier to store, prepare, and cook.

Screenshot_20220612-165621_YouTube.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom