Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
@SomeInternetGuy posted this in the permits thread, thought it deserved it's own thread.

xgU86tw.png

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Interesting since that's the connection to drainage canal system. If they fill it in that would mean adding a connection somewhere else .

Sirwalterraleigh

Dewatering doesn't necessarily mean filling in the canal.
No...it can also mean a temporary drain/diversion for many purposes. Water management
Finally! This is gonna be great for when crowds are abysmal and the monorail ain't cutting it!
Doesn’t mean good things for the longterm viability of the monorails though
This is a big deal. I'd even walk to the Poly if I could.
Running path...I’m happy 😎

NelsonRD

A NYC cab driver just told me you will also be able to drive to the Magic Kingdom with a golf cart using this path. Of course, you will have to rent said cart using the MDE app, and reserving 90 days in advance. Carts do not have A/C, and you will have to pay to park it at the Ticket and Transportation center, and take a monorail or boat over to the Magic Kingdom.

DisneyOutsider

This is a big deal. I'd even walk to the Poly if I could.

Just from eyeballing the map, I'd guess a walk from the MK to Poly would be close to 1.5 miles. Can't see myself wanting that personally, considering how pleasant of a ferry ride it is.

Also, does anyone think it's possible that this permit is referencing work done to the "pathway to nowhere" that is currently there between the monorail station extending in the direction of GF? I know they're doing lots of work over there. Might it be possible they're just making improvements to this area for other reasons, like the resort ferry launch?

dreday3

Just from eyeballing the map, I'd guess a walk from the MK to Poly would be close to 1.5 miles. Can't see myself wanting that personally, considering how pleasant of a ferry ride it is.

Also, does anyone think it's possible that this permit is referencing work done to the "pathway to nowhere" that is currently there between the monorail station extending in the direction of GF? I know they're doing lots of work over there. Might it be possible they're just making improvements to this area for other reasons, like the resort ferry launch?

And to me, 1.5 miles is child's play! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom