O Canada and China

wishiwere@wdw

I also caught the ice skating on the frozen canal footage but you had to be quick as it was only on one screen. My only gripe is that some of the cityscape likely looks much different today with new skyscrapers and all but overall, I loved this addition. It had that EPCOT vibe and was simply well done. Kudos to the team that did the digital conversion and to the editors because you really couldn’t tell where the old was stitched to the new!

Animaniac93-98

Kudos to the team that did the digital conversion and to the editors because you really couldn’t tell where the old was stitched to the new!

The stock footage was more obvious in the 2007 version so I'm glad they fixed that.

This was a solid update for sure. Not going seamless is the only disappointment for me.

sedati

So it is still the conceit that we are in fact only in a "Pavillion," and not actual Canada? Why else would they keep telling us to visit.

aladdin2007

No, It’s actually great. The transfer looks so good and brand new. The new version has the beautiful new cityscapes, and at least it got an upgrade it deserves.

Saw this today and agree it looks fantastic, love the horizons'eque narration.. My only concern was when the song started towards the end, half of a very full theater started walking out. I have never seen that before in all of my years viewing every version of this show...so makes me wonder if that keeps happening just how long the movie format in general will last as an attraction.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Saw this today and agree it looks fantastic, love the horizons'eque narration.. My only concern was when the song started towards the end, half of a very full theater started walking out. I have never seen that before in all of my years viewing every version of this show...so makes me wonder if that keeps happening just how long the movie format in general will last as an attraction.
Agreed! That bothered me when people were just walking out, It also does make me wonder as well how long it will last as an attraction for modern audiences.

The_Jobu

It would be nice if they could take just the really nice scenic parts of O' Canada and put it on a loop while people are in there. And then play in the background some traditional Canadian music such as Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, and Justin Beiber.

Surprised they don't mention everyone's favourite half Canadian, you know, the guy with his name on the door

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom