News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

DCBaker

Premium Member
Just looked and saw that the original solid color bands (red, blue, etc) are $5.00. I didn’t think that was happening until 1/1/21.
Still shows $0 for me.

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 7.49.04 AM.png

Tazer19

Ordered this morning for our end of January trip and paid $0 for the one person who wanted solid. I’ve been checking daily for the last couple of weeks and it always showed as $0, despite the clear warning on the MDE band page that it was changing in January.

Just checked for our March trip out of curiosity and same, $0 for solids.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Ordered this morning for our end of January trip and paid $0 for the one person who wanted solid. I’ve been checking daily for the last couple of weeks and it always showed as $0, despite the clear warning on the MDE band page that it was changing in January.

Just checked for our March trip out of curiosity and same, $0 for solids.

I just checked the availability for my June trip and I don't see any free bands. The price for the solid ones is listed at $5.00. They do have a good selection of graphic bands ranging in price from $7.00 to $20.00.

1609248685972.png

nicb88

Is there any more word on what’s happening with MDX for replacing magicband features? Surely it should be happening in time for the introduction of paid bands across the board (not hopeful of course...).

NelleBelle

Darn it! I knew I should have waited for new designs to come out before I ordered mine back in Dec for our April trip 😩The one I picked you can get off of shopdisney. I really want the tacky castle BD cake!!!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I just gave my daughter money to pre order the 25th B-Day Cake one. Super nostalgic! That's what they're good at isn't it?

When my daughter was about one and half we brought her down to FL to visit my parents. My Dad (who hooked me on WDW) decided an impromptu visit to WDW was in order. Although my daughter only remembers through photographs, good/bad or otherwise her first sight of the castle, was the B-Day cake version :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom