News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

Hcalvert

I couldn't wait. Went and got my daughter the Aristocats one today since it keeps coming and going(disappeared at check out yesterday), Son got Vader and I was torn between Pirates and Thanos, but went nostalgic for Pirates(if only they had Hulk!)
I like the Aristocat one (being a cat lover and all). I bought it for one of my now cancelled trips. My son really likes the Mickey Castle one that he chose a while back. He chose it because it is blue and has his favorite MK rides on it.
park-life-magicband-dec-2019_5.jpg

Club Cooloholic

I like the Aristocat one (being a cat lover and all). I bought it for one of my now cancelled trips. My son really likes the Mickey Castle one that he chose a while back. He chose it because it is blue and has his favorite MK rides on it.
I didn't realize how many rides were shown on the other side, nice! The Pirates grey color is kinda blahs, and I love Purple, but Thanos is not my favorite character, now Hela would have been cool.

DCBaker

Premium Member
News on MagicBands -

"As you begin planning your upcoming visits, we’re also exploring engaging ways for guests to use their mobile tech to experience the magic – particularly now as the use of phones and apps continues to evolve. In 2021, we plan to unveil an innovative new offering as part of the My Disney Experience app that will bring features of a MagicBand to your smart devices, building on the app’s existing digital key feature. With this new offering on the horizon, we will be retiring our complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests for new reservations with arrivals beginning Jan. 1, 2021. Disney Resort hotel guests will continue to have the option to purchase new MagicBands at a discount, and we’ll be introducing even more colors and designs featuring favorite Disney characters in the future. Guests who prefer not to purchase a discounted MagicBand will be able to use the My Disney Experience app or a Key to the World card during their visit. We will still offer MagicBands in retail locations and on shopDisney.com, and guests will be able to continue using the wearables throughout Walt Disney World Resort."

dreamfinder

News on MagicBands -

"As you begin planning your upcoming visits, we’re also exploring engaging ways for guests to use their mobile tech to experience the magic – particularly now as the use of phones and apps continues to evolve. In 2021, we plan to unveil an innovative new offering as part of the My Disney Experience app that will bring features of a MagicBand to your smart devices, building on the app’s existing digital key feature. With this new offering on the horizon, we will be retiring our complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests for new reservations with arrivals beginning Jan. 1, 2021. Disney Resort hotel guests will continue to have the option to purchase new MagicBands at a discount, and we’ll be introducing even more colors and designs featuring favorite Disney characters in the future. Guests who prefer not to purchase a discounted MagicBand will be able to use the My Disney Experience app or a Key to the World card during their visit. We will still offer MagicBands in retail locations and on shopDisney.com, and guests will be able to continue using the wearables throughout Walt Disney World Resort."

So finally supporting some flavor of NFC on the phones? Or changing to the QC code format used at SDL to do their FP system?

Club Cooloholic

News on MagicBands -

I wish they would let you swap old ones that don't work for new ones.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom