New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Not that this means they shouldn't have it (they already have other BBQ locations in the parks, obviously), but there's basically no chance this is even 50% as good as Polite Pig, so it's hard to imagine me ever wanting to eat here -- the concept art of the interior doesn't help either. If I'm craving BBQ I'll just go to Disney Springs.
Do you just eat signature restaurants in the parks then.? Because everything else will be found to be better at DS.

UNCgolf

Do you just eat signature restaurants in the parks then.? Because everything else will be found to be better at DS.

We don't eat in the parks too much other than snacks (and at EPCOT). Like you said, the food is generally better across the board at DS and is cheaper too. Even the QS locations (like Polite Pig) are better than most of the TS restaurants in the parks. I do like going to some of the themed restaurants in the parks, but the Roundup Rodeo theming (at least based on concept art) would actually make me less likely to eat there instead of more likely.

UNCgolf

why on earth do people care about drawings on a wall in a restaraunt?i go to eat, not critique art work.

Theming is a major part of the experience at Disney (in every way; not solely restaurants), especially considering the food is generally mediocre. Without decent theming, there's no reason for me to eat at Roundup Rodeo when I can pay less money for a much better version of that food at Disney Springs.

Why would you knowingly choose to pay more money for worse quality food without some other differentiating factor?

buckeyegator

Theming is a major part of the experience at Disney (in every way; not solely restaurants), especially considering the food is generally mediocre. Without decent theming, there's no reason for me to eat at Roundup Rodeo when I can pay less money for a much better version of that food at Disney Springs.

Why would you knowingly choose to pay more money for worse quality food without some other differentiating factor?
S

UNCgolf

So if homecoming in DS had 3rd grade drawings you would not eat there,?

False comparison.

Homecoming isn't in a theme park, for one, so I'm not looking for theme. Plus, the food there is good. There's like a 99% chance that the BBQ will be worse at Roundup Rodeo than Polite Pig despite costing more.

If Roundup Rodeo had great theming that can function as a draw to help make up for the cost/quality difference, but if it doesn't, why would I want to pay more for worse food?

buckeyegator

not to argue about polite pig, but their butcher board costs 42.00 and only has 2 sides. this one gets you 4 sides, and we do not know the cost, if it is true family style it should be all you can eat, cannot imagine a family of 4 only getting a shared platter,especially if you have teen age boys, just my opinion.

yensidtlaw1969

Am
I correct in reading the name for the pork ribs is inspired by a live pig? That’s 😖

I guess that depends a little on your definition of "Live Pig":

1674766077438.png

buckeyegator

any ideas on seating capacity? think it will be a hard or easy reservation to get after the initial weeks?hope they allow for some walk up, spur of the moment dinning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom