Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

SWGalaxys_Edge

Thought this was pretty cool! CMs trained via the use of augmented reality..

Imagineers used it to "ride the ride" as well...

previs-02.png

BatStang2000

We have ridden Rise twice in the past week and I am just wondering about something. Without giving away too much for those yet to ride, is there supposed to be something going on in the room with all the stormtroopers? We just walked through it both times.

jpwdis

We have ridden Rise twice in the past week and I am just wondering about something. Without giving away too much for those yet to ride, is there supposed to be something going on in the room with all the stormtroopers? We just walked through it both times.
If you're asking whether a scene or performance of some sort is supposed to take place, no. It's honestly just a massive hangar that your shuttle got pulled into, so that's where you exit into as you make your way to the interrogation cells. The room itself and its sheer size is supposed to be the "wow" factor for guests. Essentially, just being in the room and experiencing it is what's "going on." Guests usually hover around in there for a few seconds to take a few pictures but, otherwise, you're just supposed to walk through it. Sometimes, especially recently, though, there's been a live-action stormtrooper or two commanding guests to keep it moving.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Nothing but the size of it and immersion to make you gasp. CMs will let you just hang back and gawk for a while.

Sometimes a CM in a trooper costume will surprise you by interacting with you.

SWGalaxys_Edge

If you can sty long enough you will spot a few troopers moving. Heads turning arms moving - very very subtle, but it happens. If you are in the ITS again and you look out the front window as your ship is being brought onboard, you can see the stormtroopers running into the hangar room.

britain

Yep 😊 all 49 minutes of it

I want nothing less than discarded concept art, animated vehicles dancing through blueprints, dissolves of satellite imagery, and lots of photos of construction (perhaps leaning on the Anaheim version’s more public vantage points), culminating in a multi-angle extravaganza of the whole experience. And ending with thank you’s and music that makes me want to put a tiger in my tank.

SWGalaxys_Edge

I want nothing less than discarded concept art, animated vehicles dancing through blueprints, dissolves of satellite imagery, and lots of photos of construction (perhaps leaning on the Anaheim version’s more public vantage points), culminating in a multi-angle extravaganza of the whole experience. And ending with thank you’s and music that makes me want to put a tiger in my tank.
I just want to see Jeans Guy hidden somewhere within the ride...

1606659116452.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Happy First Anniversary to Rise of the Resistance!

In celebration, I've made a guide that breaks down the loading process configurations and specifically which transport colors give either Track A or B, as this is also dependent on which Interrogation room you happen to get put in by the First Order. These rooms are numbered on the outside of the doors, as shown below:
1607080121094.png

Here, interrogation room 7 is the one you may enter and as represented on the graphic, transport blue/red will get Track A, which is front AT-AT. Also the door to the Disco Room opens in front of you, as opposed to behind you like in interrogation rooms 1 and 2.
ROTR_disco_room_final.png

After watching dozens to hundreds of videos of ROTR every week since opening, I pretty much memorized which transports does what, and I thought of that people might like to know and request what certain colors get the best experience possible (at least pre-pandemic it was possible), so this might be of help.

Cheers to one of the greatest rides in recent time! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom