Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

gerarar

Premium Member
A full breakdown at the AT-AT room! In this POV you can see many of the physical props resetting, including the boxes with blaster damage, Fin animatronic, blaster gun, etc. all with lights on.
What's interesting is that maintenance people are already on the scene right away (thru the backdoor), as if they're just sitting/waiting backstage for an E-stop to happen. So the issue here is probably indeed the elevators given where they are placed and respond to.

Near the end, they walk through the tunnel in the dancing/disco room which leads to the unload section. Most breakdown videos end before this point, but the person recording this risked it all! Anyways, very interesting stuff backstage and many of the walls are still themed despite no guests gets to see this area on-ride.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Also to add, here’s some pictures of the drop elevators and tunnel to unload.

What I find interesting is that there’s a garage-type door that comes down at night to seal off the elevators from the elements. We can probably assume that there’s a similar door in the other tunnel that leads to the disco room. I don’t think this has been mentioned or at least discussed here yet either!

Garage door, manually comes down using chain or button panel on far left presume:
94755E8A-E92C-4F9D-B118-8CCB31F53B3F.png

Exposed drop elevators. The elevators drop naturally to the ground and doors open automatically after an E-stop:
E41871C2-FE92-49A7-8716-513408DDDA48.png

D5966320-FBB1-4C9F-A8A5-63C08D0C28B1.png

Little theming that hides the infrastructure under the little light that is usually here on-ride:
C083AAB1-7BEA-4186-B650-215C1676E55A.png

Movielover

Also to add, here’s some pictures of the drop elevators and tunnel to unload.

What I find interesting is that there’s a garage-type door that comes down at night to seal off the elevators from the elements. We can probably assume that there’s a similar door in the other tunnel that leads to the disco room. I don’t think this has been mentioned or at least discussed here yet either!

Garage door, manually comes down using chain or button panel on far left presume:
View attachment 503102

Exposed drop elevators. The elevators drop naturally to the ground and doors open automatically after an E-stop:
View attachment 503103
View attachment 503104

Little theming that hides the infrastructure under the little light that is usually here on-ride:
View attachment 503105
Really shows how much lighting plays a factor in hiding all of that. Which baffles me even more why they couldn't disguise and hide Final Kylo's foot and track more, its one of my very few nitpicks of this amazing ride.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

A full breakdown at the AT-AT room! In this POV you can see many of the physical props resetting, including the boxes with blaster damage, Fin animatronic, blaster gun, etc. all with lights on.
What's interesting is that maintenance people are already on the scene right away (thru the backdoor), as if they're just sitting/waiting backstage for an E-stop to happen. So the issue here is probably indeed the elevators given where they are placed and respond to.

Near the end, they walk through the tunnel in the dancing/disco room which leads to the unload section. Most breakdown videos end before this point, but the person recording this risked it all! Anyways, very interesting stuff backstage and many of the walls are still themed despite no guests gets to see this area on-ride.

WAIT!!!!!! WAIT!!! How did they walk back to Batuu when they were in space???????!!! jk, very cool video. probs to the guy filming the whole thing. good find. thanks for posting.

SWGalaxys_Edge

Actually, they were coming out of the tunnel that feeds back to the Disco room. The "back door" is actually where the doors close as you go under the AT-At walker, which leads me to believe they were already in the building working on other areas before coming into show space.

Disneyson

Please delete this if not allowed to be discussed.

Not sure if this has been talked about, but did anyone see the design portfolio of a recently let-go Imagineer on The Site Which Shall Not Be Named (that was recently taken down), with design concepts of what are clearly some of the Queue Stormtroopers from the ride, along with designs for Admiral Akbar in a spinning chair (JUST like Bek), as well as images of another in-queue resistance droid and a standing figure labeled "Finale C-3PO"? I imagine that this confirms that the ride has undergone many permutations - methinks either they were going to set it in the original trilogy, in the sequel trilogy, or else had no clue what was going to happen chronologically in the films.

SWGalaxys_Edge

Please delete this if not allowed to be discussed.

Not sure if this has been talked about, but did anyone see the design portfolio of a recently let-go Imagineer on The Site Which Shall Not Be Named (that was recently taken down), with design concepts of what are clearly some of the Queue Stormtroopers from the ride, along with designs for Admiral Akbar in a spinning chair (JUST like Bek), as well as images of another in-queue resistance droid and a standing figure labeled "Finale C-3PO"? I imagine that this confirms that the ride has undergone many permutations - methinks either they were going to set it in the original trilogy, in the sequel trilogy, or else had no clue what was going to happen chronologically in the films.
I've seen several "conspiracy" posts/videos alluding to Galaxy's Edge originally being set in Tatooine. I don't know the names and details but it had been shot down (obviously) and decided to be generic for Disney's purposes of milking it as a fluid land that can/will change over time. Aka - "cash cow" potential.

Movielover

Galaxy's Edge originally being set in Tatooine.

IMO Batuu is far more visually interesting. Sure Tatooine is Tatooine and that has a lot of history with it but all it is visually is tan colored sand and tan color buildings. Batuu has more in the way of color in its buildings and landscapes, including vegetation and varied forms like the petrified trees.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
IMO Batuu is far more visually interesting. Sure Tatooine is Tatooine and that has a lot of history with it but all it is visually is tan colored sand and tan color buildings. Batuu has more in the way of color in its buildings and landscapes, including vegetation and varied forms like the petrified trees.

Tatooine would fit the climate of Southern California as its already semi-arid, but not Florida. Florida would better be suited for Dagobah.

SWGalaxys_Edge

Well, they were thinking more of "What would draw the fans?" and Tatooine was the obvious answer initially.

Movielover

Tatooine would fit the climate of Southern California as its already semi-arid, but not Florida. Florida would better be suited for Dagobah.

Dagobah would have been a even stranger choice, sure it has foliage and water features but in terms of buildings and attraction ideas it is quite limited. Maybe if it was a small land in a Star Wars only park it could work.

Well, they were thinking more of "What would draw the fans?" and Tatooine was the obvious answer initially.

Fair enough. I personally think Tatoonie is way overused in the universe itself, it was just suppose to be some overlooked dust hole of a planet that nobody would suspect a hero would come from. Yeah it would be fun to explore in a theme park but again back to my original statement the visuals would become stale real fast without major tinkering from the Imagineers.

gerarar

Premium Member
Hard plexiglass dividers now being tested (and used) on ROTR transport vehicles!!
92C88A44-86D2-4C06-AFCD-CDC1AA9B10D9.jpeg

C56DB624-58A5-4F23-9527-B514DACBB4E9.jpeg

380DA603-BC21-4DE9-98ED-9428F816CE18.jpeg

Seems like ops is still figuring out whether to use the plastic flimsy dividers we saw a couple weeks ago or these new hard ones, similar to ones we’ve seen on other rides like Dinosaur.

Pictures come from site that shall not be named. First saw it reported there also with pics.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom