Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

gerarar

Premium Member
Has it been discussed that the double escape pod door doesn't seem to be functioning anymore? The first one still closes but the second doesn't, meaning if you turn around you can your drop/motions.

I could only find evidence of it by turning 360 video to the rear:

Edit: Never mind, doesn't seem they were ever installed in WDW, only DL.

Yeah I was about to say I never saw those functioning since the ride opened in 2019. Now you saying they were never installed is news to me, but I guess it makes sense.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've been told they know what to do, but it needs a budget or as I was told, "that sweet sweet Individual Lightning Lane money".

That being said, I'm not holding my breath.
You may be able to breathe out in the medium term.

Now I’m fully qualified to say its a stunning experience. :D everything I expected it to be. Perfect? No. Close? Yes.

RSoxNo1

You may be able to breathe out in the medium term.

Now I’m fully qualified to say its a stunning experience. :D everything I expected it to be. Perfect? No. Close? Yes.
Agreed. Leave it to a Star Wars attraction being the thing that gives us hope for the future of the parks.

Rob562

I've been told they know what to do, but it needs a budget or as I was told, "that sweet sweet Individual Lightning Lane money".

That being said, I'm not holding my breath.

IMO, the easiest fix would be to remove/disable the middle cannon and let the first and third move. Give the RVs some breathing room to hopefully not trip the sensors while still giving the illusion they're trying to keep out of the way of the two that do move.

-Rob

CM.X777

I understand there is hope for the canons.

Not much hope though. Only DL's few ride engineers are trying to fix it, they are getting little to no support from WDW's ride engineers.

Has it been discussed that the double escape pod door doesn't seem to be functioning anymore? The first one still closes but the second doesn't, meaning if you turn around you can your drop/motions.

I could only find evidence of it by turning 360 video to the rear:

Edit: Never mind, doesn't seem they were ever installed in WDW, only DL.

Yeah I was about to say I never saw those functioning since the ride opened in 2019. Now you saying they were never installed is news to me, but I guess it makes sense.

To both of these posts. They were called the pod rolled up doors, and they were installed. However they were removed very early on due to them faulting a lot. Disney does this A LOT on rides. If an element is faulting, they just removed it, or turn it off. It's pulling teeth to get them to spend money to fix show elements.

Also this video shows the roll up doors working.

CM.X777

IMO, the easiest fix would be to remove/disable the middle cannon and let the first and third move. Give the RVs some breathing room to hopefully not trip the sensors while still giving the illusion they're trying to keep out of the way of the two that do move.

-Rob

That is not what is faulting the cannons. The faults are coming from mechanical elements in the cannons themselves, the ride vehicles have nothing to do with them.

Movielover

Not much hope though. Only DL's few ride engineers are trying to fix it, they are getting little to no support from WDW's ride engineers.

To both of these posts. They were called the pod rolled up doors, and they were installed. However they were removed very early on due to them faulting a lot. Disney does this A LOT on rides. If an element is faulting, they just removed it, or turn it off. It's pulling teeth to get them to spend money to fix show elements.

Also this video shows the roll up doors working.

Honestly out of anything on that ride not working, the pod doors are not really a needed effect, you're not even facing them. I much rather they focus on the cannons and stuff you are supposed to be looking at.

DCLcruiser

Back from the dead.

Earlier this morning, Rise didn't offer Standby or ILL. It was all gray. Does it open later than the other attractions or was it down?

Currently, it is Standby only.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Back from the dead.

Earlier this morning, Rise didn't offer Standby or ILL. It was all gray. Does it open later than the other attractions or was it down?

Currently, it is Standby only.

Rise was selling the Individual Lightning Lane at 7am - looks to have sold out around 7:30am. Rise was also showing a wait time just after 8am.

Here's what Thrill Data shows -

IMG_B9ADE0890AC5-1.jpeg

IMG_8F9F1886FD6A-1.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom