Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

gerarar

Premium Member

I can't believe they can't keep a brand new attraction working reliably. I'm not buying the excuse, "Well, it's a very complex ride". We're going on 3 years for this thing. You'd think they could work out all these bugs by now. Very disappointing...
The ride needs to go down for a couple months for a long refurb. But with ILL being sold out everyday within a couple hours after 7 am, the incentive is non-existent..

Purduevian

Does anyone online track ride downtime? I know people complain about this being down a lot (and it certainly seems to be), but I'm curious how often it is down compared to other rides (especially trackless, or Universal's Spiderman system)

TikibirdLand

Does anyone online track ride downtime? I know people complain about this being down a lot (and it certainly seems to be), but I'm curious how often it is down compared to other rides (especially trackless, or Universal's Spiderman system)
I hope so. But, I'd also like to know what's working/not working too. Seems there's a lot of "B" mode going on as well; and not just with Kilo. But, that is a pivotal scene. Having just the screen version would seem like a let-down if you've seen "A" mode...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

@lentesta, do you have this type of data on your site for subscribers?

In the meantime, there's....

1642526154500.png

1642526235303.png

1642526331047.png

gorillaball

The ride needs to go down for a couple months for a long refurb. But with ILL being sold out everyday within a couple hours after 7 am, the incentive is non-existent..
Do you have knowledge the problems that cause it to go down could be resolved with a refurb? Honest question, not trying to start anything.

gerarar

Premium Member
Do you have knowledge the problems that cause it to go down could be resolved with a refurb? Honest question, not trying to start anything.
No, not an insider or anything lol.

But people in the know have said the main cause for problems are the elevators. Also when the ride is opened after a lengthy downtime, it usually runs at half capacity (one of elevators blocked off). I was there for when it went back up with 2/4 escape pod elevators down.

I would assume a refurb would give them plenty of time to solve the issues with it, mechanical and/or software. Also, fix the cannons while they're at it -- it's one of the best parts of the ride!!

pdude81

What’s odd is that there is nothing visually extraordinary about the appearance or performance of the Kylo AA. B mode should be an actor in a costume - the riders experience would be the exact same.
I don't even mind B mode. It's more interesting to me, although I have no interest in paying for an ILL for a ride that isn't working.

999th Happy Haunt

Rode twice over the past week, Kylo in b-mode both times, only one cannon working, probe droid stuck, and horrible backup between ITS and actual ride. Pretty disappointing after having many great rides on it.

Also I don’t know if this is a known issue that’s been reported on before, but both times the head of the R5 droid on the ride vehicle barely moved, or at least much less than previous rides even less than half a year ago. Am I just going crazy here or has anyone else experienced this as well?

I hope the ride gets much needed maintenance soon, it is absolutely unacceptable for it to have so many broken effects and lots of downtime at this point in it’s life.

erasure fan1

I hope the ride gets much needed maintenance soon, it is absolutely unacceptable for it to have so many broken effects and lots of downtime at this point in it’s life.
Just imagine what this ride is going to look like in 10yrs plus with Disneys track record with maintenance. Unless there is a big change in management, it's gonna be a poop show.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just imagine what this ride is going to look like in 10yrs plus with Disneys track record with maintenance. Unless there is a big change in management, it's gonna be a poop show.
I don't think it's going to take 10 years. Since TLC costs money, and the consumers don't seem to complain too much when stuff is broken anymore, there's no push to make the ride work flawlessly. When did all 3 cannons last move as designed? The lemmings are content with B-mode and happily hand over their money to the Mouse while telling everyone else, "Why does any of that matter? It has value to me! You're all so negative, just enjoy being there!".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom