News New Crêperie restaurant coming to Epcot's France Pavilion as part of Ratatouille expansion

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The location as discussed in the previous thread is indeed under the Skyliner cables. The building will be quite hidden from the view from above, nor should it be really visible from the IG. It appears to be a more recent addition and is not part of the Rat project itself (indeed, final details are yet to be finalised)

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

The art is very disappointing as it is another unfortunate example of architectural elements just sort being glued onto a box without consideration for their origin and function. The main entrance to this crêperie is denoted by a faux-Mansard roof that is really far more related to cheap American strip malls than anything in France. It also has a chimney that sits below the cornice line of its neighbor, which itself has another nonsensical mini faux-Mandard. There is no indication of party walls and the main entry’s elements even wrap onto its neighbor where a collector head sits at the top of a parapet. Lastly there is one little orphan window with no relation to the other three on its facade, distrusting the symmetry with no ornament and one lone shutter.

Tony the Tigger

wow, it doesn't look that bad to me. it's a drawing.

Anyhoo, I love crepes and I love the Brittany region of France so I'm excited.

Never fear, it’s just people who like to hear themselves talk, and think they’d be better Disney Imagineers - but none of them get that job.

(Save the objections; I do not share the love of hearing them talk. “Well, some of us have standards! Huff, puff...”)

Will check the place out if it’s open when I’m there.

eliza61nyc

The art is very disappointing as it is another unfortunate example of architectural elements just sort being glued onto a box without consideration for their origin and function. The main entrance to this crêperie is denoted by a faux-Mansard roof that is really far more related to cheap American strip malls than anything in France. It also has a chimney that sits below the cornice line of its neighbor, which itself has another nonsensical mini faux-Mandard. There is no indication of party walls and the main entry’s elements even wrap onto its neighbor where a collector head sits at the top of a parapet. Lastly there is one little orphan window with no relation to the other three on its facade, distrusting the symmetry with no ornament and one lone shutter.
Ok so first what the heck is a faux Mansard wall and party walls. I've spent summers in France, no one mentioned party walls. Joking

Could it be that you are in the architecture industry??

I don't think an "orphan " window makes it look cheap? I know nothing about structure design so I ask in general interest, i don't think I've taken that deep of of a notice outside of the general " that's pretty"
So again I don't see how it resembles a "mall", or at least not any malls I've been too.
Looks nice to me.

Last edited:

Bostb71

wow, it doesn't look that bad to me. it's a drawing.

Anyhoo, I love crepes and I love the Brittany region of France so I'm excited.
If you look at the architecture that exists in the Brittany region, speaking to you half-timbered buildings, they could have put a bit more thought into the design. But then it only says the menu is inspired by Brittany, no mention of the back story for the building itself.

photo from Getty

The Empress Lilly

The location as discussed in the previous thread is indeed under the Skyliner cables. The building will be quite hidden from the view from above, nor should it be really visible from the IG. It appears to be a more recent addition and is not part of the Rat project itself (indeed, final details are yet to be finalised)
Please be built next to the toilets.

You know, a crêperie next to a cr

Tony the Tigger

If you look at the architecture that exists in the Brittany region, speaking to you half-timbered buildings, they could have put a bit more thought into the design. But then it only says the menu is inspired by Brittany, no mention of the back story for the building itself.

View attachment 357823
photo from Getty

They could just call it “Britny” and then have an Arendelle/Arendal situation, allowing artistic license. 😉

tirian

The concept art is awful. The lack of detail and peacemaking looks like it should be in a mall parking lot, not in a Disney theme park. Let’s hope the final result is not a Mimi’s Cafe.
Are we looking at that same artwork because I just don’t see how horrible this is ?
Ok so first what the heck is a faux Mansard wall and party walls. I've spent summers in France, no one mentioned party walls. Joking

I don't think an "orphan " window makes it look cheap? I know nothing about structure design so I ask in general interest, i don't think I've taken that deep of of a notice outside of the general " that's pretty"
So again I don't see how it resembles a "mall", or at least not any malls I've been too.
Looks nice to me.

For those of us who are in the architecture/creative place making industry, this looks like a very rough, unfinished rendering. I hope so. Otherwise, it’s a box with ornamental elements slapped onto its exterior, similar to many faux revival-style banks.

eddie104

Looks nice to me.
I guess every concept art released that is not super detailed will be scrutinized even if Disney did it on purpose and wants to keep it vague.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom