Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

thequeuelinelectures

I guarantee Hondo Tanaka would still take you for a "modest profit" and what you owe him for "damaging the Falcon". That greasy weasel gets me every time. Yet I still go back and smuggle for him.
It's almost like despite all the effort into making the ride interactive, it's barely interactive....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've wondered this for a while but haven't gotten to test it myself yet. What happens if no riders press the button to log in? It would be interesting to see how it plays out with all stations automated

There are videos out there in which people have purposely touched nothing and recorded the ride.

raymusiccity

In the videos I’ve seen like this, they log in and then just hit no buttons. I mean a run where all 6 players don’t even log in and the AI plays every position.
Not much of an alternative....... So, if 5 players don't touch a button, the Falcon should just sit there ? Is that fair to the poor Single Rider sitting in the back ?

thequeuelinelectures

Not much of an alternative....... So, if 5 players don't touch a button, the Falcon should just sit there ? Is that fair to the poor Single Rider sitting in the back ?
I’m not criticizing the choice to have AI play for absent players, that’s basically the only workable option. I’m just interested in seeing an all AI controlled game because it would answer a lot of interesting questions. For example, would they score a perfect run or is the AI programmed to make mistakes? On a second run does it repeat the same mistakes or is there some RNG factor at play when it comes to accuracy/reaction time?

Tom Morrow

Rode it this weekend and I agree. Nice queue and stepping into the cockpit was impressive but the ride was mediocre. We had a party of 3 and I was the only pilot - could not tell if some of the mistakes were mine or the AI.
This is why I believe there should not be scripted "screw up" moments. It causes lots of frustration and confusion in first time riders, especially if the team is not all in the same party.

SWGalaxys_Edge

Smugglers Run - Queue layout inside the spires. (this is the 2nd level layout)

1604899368285.png

SWGalaxys_Edge

i really dislike this ride. I was the gunner and I thought itd be cool buts its just pressing an awkwardly positioned button over and over and it doesnt matter if you do it or not....id rather just sit and watch the show. Its star tours 2.0. Could be a lot better, but mediocre as is.

RotR is amazing though
or you could be positive and just say "Thanks Disney" for building a Star Wars themed land for me.

DisneyTransport

i really dislike this ride. I was the gunner and I thought itd be cool buts its just pressing an awkwardly positioned button over and over and it doesnt matter if you do it or not....id rather just sit and watch the show. Its star tours 2.0. Could be a lot better, but mediocre as is.

RotR is amazing though
I agree. I liked being the pilot as I got front row seats. I didn't do much, just looked around and was like "aw cool! I'm inside the falcon!" but the actual interactive part was eh. I would move the joystick and it barely did anything. the ride is on-rails anyway. Still, I like the ride for the star tours 2.0 feel if you just dont bother with the button pressing!

Honestly thought they would of had the gunner's in a seat like in the movies shooting at TIEs... but hey, at least its a SW ride.

J4546

same here, i thought there would be a gunner seat lol. what a disspointment that was. At the very least they should relocate those buttons to be in front of you, maybe mounted on the back of the seats. I dunno, as it is it feels like they got 70-80% done and said eff it. But thats kinda how the entire galaxys edge land feels.

Jones14

I think the separate gunner’s seat would have happened had Falcon been budgeted to be the primary E-Ticket, but the cannon buttons being on the side does feel like a wild oversight considering you have to look forward to see what you’re firing at.

This is one of those rare instances where (in hindsight) I wish they would’ve reduced capacity for the sake of the experience, and just given the cannons to either the pilots or engineers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom