Rumor Disney's 100th Anniversary

Cmdr_Crimson

Greeat....Like we need another 100 years of Magic again and look what overstayed it's welcome waaay to long..
48050b7727dfa7f41b7c9d1de779c3fd.jpg

Rodan75

Iger spoke today breifly about Disney's 100th Anniversary in "a little over 4 years" and things that were "already in the works" for it. I wonder what Disney has up its sleeve...

Looks like it'll be October 16, 2023

Honestly I've always just assumed the WDW 50th Celebration was going to run for essentially 3 years; 2021, 2022 and 2023 which would encompass the 50th, the 40th and the 100th.

I'm assuming Runaway Railway will be a Disneyland addition for the 100th.

Rosso11

Honestly I've always just assumed the WDW 50th Celebration was going to run for essentially 3 years; 2021, 2022 and 2023 which would encompass the 50th, the 40th and the 100th.

I'm assuming Runaway Railway will be a Disneyland addition for the 100th.

The 50th will be it’s own huge celebration that will run for about 2 years and will end when the 100th begins. The 100th will truly be celebrated world wide in a big way. Don’t expect much for the 40th in Epcot. It will be overshadowed by the 50th that will still be going on.

Rosso11

Oh and an interesting side note I heard recently. I’m not sure if this has been mentioned yet but like Disneyland’s 50th that was celebrated under the name The Happiest Celebration on Earth in all of the world wide parks, back in 2005, the plan it to market DW’s 50th in a similar way. I’ve heard at minimum it will be celebrated in California but it wouldn’t surprise me if they do it in the international parks as well. I haven’t heard details in what this would entail exactly just that they will be joining in on the celebration.

HMF

Oh and an interesting side note I heard recently. I’m not sure if this has been mentioned yet but like Disneyland’s 50th that was celebrated under the name The Happiest Celebration on Earth in all of the world wide parks, back in 2005, the plan it to market DW’s 50th in a similar way. I’ve heard at minimum it will be celebrated in California but it wouldn’t surprise me if they do it in the international parks as well. I haven’t heard details in what this would entail exactly just that they will be joining in on the celebration.
There is no way (other than marketing) it would make sense to promote WDW's 50th at DLR. The reason they could promote DL's 50th as a legitimate celebration at WDW is because of the 50th Anniversary of the parks in general angle and even that was pushing it.

Rosso11

There is no way (other than marketing) it would make sense to promote WDW's 50th at DLR. The reason they could promote DL's 50th as a legitimate celebration at WDW is because of the 50th Anniversary of the parks in general angle and even that was pushing it.

I agree that’s why I was surprised when I heard this. But I don’t put it past their marketing team to do this.

Frontierland's Finest

They might have to celebrate all these milestones at once. DL's 70th is in 2025, you have the Company's 100th in 2023, and of course, you have WDW 50th in 2021. Internationally, Paris will celebrate their 30th in 2022, Tokyo will celebrate their 40th in 2023, Hong Kong will have their 20th, and Shanghai would be the odd one out with their 10th in 2026.

I could see a scenario where in the States, they will have one big celebration starting from WDW 50th all the way DL's 70th in 2025.

TTA94

I think that's when they're putting a night parade back in the MK.

No nighttime parade until the 100th in 2023? That wouldn’t surprise me :rolleyes:

Goes to show despite rumors nothing should be believed until Disney announces it. I think things are very up in the air in regards to the 50th and Disney’s 100th.

ppete1975

Theres a grocery store we used to go to when I was a little kid. It had a huge anniversary sale banner outside. 40 years later it still does. And honestly they have 6 locations, and I'm sure the founder etc.. so theres probably always an anniversary of something.

brb1006

Greeat....Like we need another 100 years of Magic again and look what overstayed it's welcome waaay to long..
48050b7727dfa7f41b7c9d1de779c3fd.jpg
Speaking of "100 Years Of Magic" that reminds me of how Share A Dream Come True Parade was themed to each era of the Disney Company from the early years up till The Disney Renaissance of the late 1990s/early 2000s.

SweetDuffy101

They might have to celebrate all these milestones at once. DL's 70th is in 2025, you have the Company's 100th in 2023, and of course, you have WDW 50th in 2021. Internationally, Paris will celebrate their 30th in 2022, Tokyo will celebrate their 40th in 2023, Hong Kong will have their 20th, and Shanghai would be the odd one out with their 10th in 2026.

I could see a scenario where in the States, they will have one big celebration starting from WDW 50th all the way DL's 70th in 2025.
One thing I’ve noticed is that if you look up the opening dates For all of the Disney Theme parks Worldwide, Is That The opening years for all expansion pads Has an Opening Date for 2023.
I’ve always wondered Why 2023?
I mean You have the Major E-Ticket attraction in HK, WDS expansions in Paris,EPCOT in FLORIDA,
Marvel In DCA, Zootopia in SHanghai and The biggest of them all the 2.5 billion $ Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea.

Now I get it It’s for the 100th anniversary of Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom