News The future of Star Tours, Star Wars Launch Bay and Star Wars shows at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's another attraction that was supposed to feature frequent updates and new games. Its nothing but a wii game, after all.
Gotcha.

I find that a bit less offensive than other screen rides. Because it’s just a score/shooter type game.

The stupidity of millennium Falcon is its a dumb premise taken from a solo plot line. So they should have frankly halted that and went another direction when solo went south.

Let me explain this to everyone on earth: the proper thing to do is build a ride that mimics the battle from return of the Jedi. Period. Welcome to planet pop culture.

Case in point …they made a top gun sequel after 35 years…and what does it do? Blows you out of your seat with flying.

Stop over complicating things here

I know it has critics…but hyperspace mountain did more for me than any of these “fake stress” plot line Star Wars rides. Sometimes (usually)…gravity works.

tomast

Gotcha.

I find that a bit less offensive than other screen rides. Because it’s just a score/shooter type game.

The stupidity of millennium Falcon is its a dumb premise taken from a solo plot line. So they should have frankly halted that and went another direction when solo went south.

Let me explain this to everyone on earth: the proper thing to do is build a ride that mimics the battle from return of the Jedi. Period. Welcome to planet pop culture.

Case in point …they made a top gun sequel after 35 years…and what does it do? Blows you out of your seat with flying.

Stop over complicating things here

I know it has critics…but hyperspace mountain did more for me than any of these “fake stress” plot line Star Wars rides. Sometimes (usually)…gravity works.
Just give me this on the simulator

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was Chewie there simultaneously while Chewie was also in GE and a part of the ride? Seems like a good opportunity to throw someone else in, but I forget how it was before.
Yes.

Popular characters are popular.

Vader/Ren was in Launch Bay at at the Training Academy at the same time, too.

Mickey is in Town Hall and in the 3 PM parade at the same time.

Personally when is comes to HS, I was a big Great Movie Ride fan but I understand why Mickey and Minnie’s is popular and works as a crowd pleaser. I can deal with that. But I think gutting Art Of Disney animation is the single greatest loss in the park.

Such a lovely area that was tossed aside for (in retrospect) nothing! I only hope this area will soon be emptied out and Animation Courtyard will be reunited and re-dedicated to the history, artistry and beauty of Disney Animation, bolder and better than before!

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

It's almost like they're letting Animation Courtyard languish so that no one will cry if it's razed and rebuilt into something else.
Hmmmmm how many years is that going to take? I really wish they’d just restore it to the magic of Disney animation for now. And reopen the shops. That whole area is embarrassing. Also while we’re in this area let’s move the bar for brown derby lounge from the little tent they built into the former starting rolls and make that lower patio all lounge seating…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom