News New Experience Center to open in the Odyssey Events Pavilion

Epcot82Guy

goes to disney. is upset when hears disney music
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/431/201/40f.png

This is where people miss the point. First, Epcot Music is Disney music.

Second, it's about usage and fit. If you came down the hill in Pirates and they suddenly started singing Fathoms Below, it would be confusing and make no sense.

Being Disney doesn't make it good. Having good, cohesive story telling and messaging is what makes it Disney (or at least it used to).

FigmentFan82

Second, it's about usage and fit. If you came down the hill in Pirates and they suddenly started singing Fathoms Below, it would be confusing and make no sense.

Being Disney doesn't make it good. Having good, cohesive story telling and messaging is what makes it Disney (or at least it used to).
triggered

Spash007

Completely agree. I actually enjoy HEA ... in MK. I enjoy the portions they re-created/used new instrumentation, and I like the original piece. However, that same music doesn't fit the World Showcase in the same way that something inspired by World Music does. The soundtrack for Tapestry of Nations is one of my favorites because it brings together so many different types of music. Yet the standard it upheld from a showmanship and musical standpoint would make me consider it Disney music, plus the sheer fact that it was in a Disney park/production. If Disney can take the original music from movies and re-arrange them to make them culturally appropriate (looking at Hercules for example - I don't remember learning about gospel singers in Ancient Greece) and tell a cohesive story, I'll be ok with it. I still think it's lazy to not write something new, but I get it, the IP mandate. When I hear "Go the Distance" though in the preview, I just shake my head. Why would I want to listen to the same exact song that is already played in another nighttime spectacular? There are just so many ways this could go wrong and be HEA v2 rather than an original show, at least from the musical perspective.

Kate F

If they’re just gonna play songs from Disney movies, pick some more unusual ones. It’s always those popular “inspirational” tunes that get used in everything. I get it, they like the message of becoming who you are. But I don’t need to hear the same songs in every show, especially Let it Go.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

I visited this new area in the former Odysessy and enjoyed walking through.
Besides the central 'circle vision" presentation and projection enhanced stylistic Epcot model, there is also a snack bar, table seating, and four dimensional photo spots set up.

Those fabulous graphic poster designs we all want are on display, as well as a small model of the forthcoming 'bar stool' tiered building which was nice to see.
I took several photos....will try to share some now.
My internet connection is a bit glitchy as a await my flight home from MCO.

Here are a few shots of the model under different themes that I shot yesterday afternoon.

The models true form, as abstract shapes in white -

Introduction to Epcot -

Mary Poppins themed -

World Showcase theme -

Figments Friend

More -

Finale Celebration -

Epcot : The Final Frontier.....

' wonder rotunda ' , 'bar stool' model -

This small model of the coming three tiered building was interesting to view, but it was located in a lousy spot to do so.
It's location is almost a afterthought, as it is located right amidst the photo spots.
So you have to jockey for position with the Photopass photographers and other Guests milling around the photo spots to try to examine it closely.

This should be swapped with the Remy in a bottle case.
Those who have been there already know what I mean.

-

Last edited:

Mainahman

More -

Finale Celebration -

View attachment 415748

Epcot : The Final Frontier.....

View attachment 415749

' wonder rotunda ' , 'bar stool' model -

View attachment 415750

View attachment 415751

This small model of the coming three tiered building was interesting to view, but it was located in a lousy spot to do so.
It's location is almost a afterthought, as it is located right amidst the photo spots.
So you have to jockey for position with the Photopass photographers and other Guests milling around the photo spots to try to examine it closely.

This should be swapped with the Remy in a bottle case.
Those who have been there already know what I mean.

-
That actually looks vaugely like walts original plans actually... i cant find the image but its cool

FigmentFan82

Grains and grains of salt and all, but Mr. Hill alluded to the new festival center being very much needed as Disney had already begun to sell the space for corporate events. The implication seemed to be that although there may not be a festival center that looks like the concept art we've seen, there will in fact be some new festival center built.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Grains and grains of salt and all, but Mr. Hill alluded to the new festival center being very much needed as Disney had already begun to sell the space for corporate events. The implication seemed to be that although there may not be a festival center that looks like the concept art we've seen, there will in fact be some new festival center built.

...which is exactly what Disney said regarding revising the festival center.

One doesn't have to have inside information to predict Disney will do what they publicly said they'll do. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom