News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

DreamfinderGuy

For the love of DIsney, what are they doing? They put them on, they take them off, repaint them. And then start again. 🤦🏽‍♀️
I don't know if it ever made it to this thread, but my pure speculation says that these are not the permanent new tiles. I think they are temporarily there while they do structural work, and because they don't want to risk damaging the permanent tiles (or something to that effect) they have them in place for now. I think they'll all be taken off and the originals put back on before the pavilion reopens.

Ldno

I thought it was a River Country expansion.
Thursday my 7 year old started singing the song of the “river country“ commercial, riiveeerr country, riiivver country out of the blue and i was like where did you learn that song, LOL the kid watches old school theme park defunct videos and surprises me out of the blue with his disney park knowledge, i shed nothing but small tears, he’s training to be a vip tour guide already haha

DreamfinderGuy

So since the northeast corner of Future World was supposed to reopen at around the same time, coupled with Guardians' delays and the fact that this leans heavily into currently unsustainable activities, there's no way this thing opens next Spring right?

nickys

Premium Member
So since the northeast corner of Future World was supposed to reopen at around the same time, coupled with Guardians' delays and the fact that this leans heavily into currently unsustainable activities, there's no way this thing opens next Spring right?
From the distancing and sanitising issues alone I’d say no.

brihow

Is it me or does the dome resemble SE a lot more now than it used to?
I've been thinking the same thing. I actually love how it feels related to SE in the faceted panels, yet still ties into the original design of the pavilion. I think this is one of the recent changes that was done very well. The changes going on inside however.....

Haymarket2008

I'd imagine they would either A) open it for the 50th/late summer 2021 or B) open this and Guardians in one fell swoop.

If the info saying that they want the MouseGear/Electric Umbrella overhauls to be completed by Sept of next year is to be believed, then I would imagine they'd "premiere" World Discovery (minus Guardians) in time for the 50th.

SplashJacket

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but do we know if Edna is a screen or an animatronic? I would've guessed she would have been a screen but the fact she has a shadow makes me believe otherwise.

1605844063451.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom