News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Disney’s attempt to hop on to the battle royale trend
Unrelated note: But a Fall Guys style battle royale with Disney Infinity style visuals/cross over would be amazing. Especially with levels/games inspired by the parks mixed in with the movies.

A parade full of moving parts would make a great obstacle course round

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
BTW...

I don't see how PLAY! could possibly open before a vaccine. Kids running around touching stuff is a no-no. M&Gs are a no-no. Touching the same consoles/screens/controllers is a no-no.

Except for limited entertainment on a stage with a reduced capacity attendance, everything else PLAY! has been rumored to offer is off the table.
https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/06/02/coronavirus-surfaces

Just provide a handwashing station or hand sanitizer before and at the end of each game and I imagine they wouldn't be any more dangerous than putting 3D glasses on your face after they're washed.

Figments Friend

BTW...

I don't see how PLAY! could possibly open before a vaccine. Kids running around touching stuff is a no-no. M&Gs are a no-no. Touching the same consoles/screens/controllers is a no-no.

Except for limited entertainment on a stage with a reduced capacity attendance, everything else PLAY! has been rumored to offer is off the table.

Perhaps...just perhaps....Disney will rethink their decision to turn this former Pavilion into a 'high tech' kiddie play area.

Just imagine that!

-

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What have they done? Do we know? Is it past the point of no return or?

Even if the pavilion is a blank slate right now, there's good hope for post-pandemic normalization within 8 months due to a vaccine.

So the idea that Disney should put the PLAY! idea in the dump because of the pandemic is something that is only the case for the next 8 months. After 8 months, PLAY! can be utilized as planned.

The idea that if Disney switches to something else while the pandemic prevents PLAY! only makes sense if it could put something new in there within the next 8 months. And they have the money lying around for it. And the idea. And the schematics. And the construction crews.

And we all know that ain't happening.

FigmentFan82

Just remembering how cool I thought Wonders of Life pavilion was when I was a kid. So much to do in there! Kinda the alt side version of The Land with regards to how many different things were in one pavilion. Body Wars was one of my all time favorites.

I'm glad the space is going to be used again for more than seasonal festival use.

Fordlover

Just remembering how cool I thought Wonders of Life pavilion was when I was a kid. So much to do in there! Kinda the alt side version of The Land with regards to how many different things were in one pavilion. Body Wars was one of my all time favorites.

I'm glad the space is going to be used again for more than seasonal festival use.
Same here, I really liked WoL, and Body Wars I only got to ride once back in 1992, so only have faded memories.
I wonder when the simulators were pulled and where they were sent. And how the heck did they get them out of the building? Seems like the doors to outside aren’t large enough, so they dismantled/destroyed them? And perhaps kept Some of the parts for star tours?

brihow

Once they're done rereplacing all the tiles, I hope they rerepaint it a nice color!
I have no way of knowing what they'll do - but it would make SO much more sense to have painted these tiles on the ground in a paint shop and then just install them. Also I'm pretty sure they already are painted that gold color. I would bet that these are the final painted color.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom