News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Thelazer

A big issue with LED's, is consistency from batch to batch.
It would not at all shock me to see burnt out Leds, units off color, or etc.

Of course, this can be overcome, with a lot of programming / software adjustments.

hpyhnt 1000

There's definitely some hue and brightness differences from module to module in that video. Looks like they were cycling through different colors at maximum brightness, I suspect so programmers can note which modules need tweaks and/or color correction.

Sir_Cliff

Maybe I'm imagining this, but in the first shot it looks like there are people up on a platform against the left side of Spaceship Earth. It would make sense that they would be testing and then fixing/adjusting/replacing any that weren't working.

TikibirdLand

Now, these photos and video do show some units in-op. But, I'm sure they'll get them working. I like the look.

We live in an old town, think Hooterville -- pronounced differently, where they lit the old water tower with RGB LEDs. Most evenings, they're lit dimly in white with red trimmed accents. Very tasteful. At Christmas, they did some very cool lighting effects though. Some very creative types in the water department!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's a small thermal exhaust port. ;)

Right below the main port?

The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the attraction. Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes.

Father Robinson

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but is there any word on whether or not these new LEDs will completely do away with the current flood lights SSE has? Or will they be in addition to them? Or will they be an every-10 minutes- type of show/display?
20210917_074113.jpg

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but is there any word on if whether or not these new LEDs will completely do away with the current flood lights SSE has? Or will they be in addition to them? Or will they be an every-10 minutes- type of show/display?View attachment 587530
Dear God, I hope they don't. SSE lit up this way at night is one of my favorite things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom