News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

SMRT-1Michael

Honest question...does anyone else (who's visited the park) feel the entrance plaza is a bit of a let down? I don't know if it's because the trees are barren atm, but I just expected more "color" and warmth. I think a lot of this has to do with the transition from the red to tan-ish concrete they went to. I don't know.
right now the fact that there are trees in the center planter i find weird.... but i can live with it. The concern i have that i probably wont get over is the ugly, uneven trees at the base of SSE that replaced the palm trees in 1999. without the palm trees, the whole thing will always look incomplete to me. especially since there is 1 on the left side and 2 on the right side because we lost one Hurricane Irma in 2017 and it was never replaced.

hpyhnt 1000

right now the fact that there are trees in the center planter i find weird.... but i can live with it. The concern i have that i probably wont get over is the ugly, uneven trees at the base of SSE that replaced the palm trees in 1999. without the palm trees, the whole thing will always look incomplete to me. especially since there is 1 on the left side and 2 on the right side because we lost one Hurricane Irma in 2017 and it was never replaced.
Even if it's not new fan palms, just getting new trees of any variety in there would be nice. There's really nothing redeeming about the current ones and it is rather surprising they've been left in place considering how much the new entrance plaza is based on the original.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

EPCOT'S Spaceship Earth 'Beacon of Magic' light install begins for Disney World's 50th anniversary​

Spaceship-Earth_Full_41651.jpg

JustInTime

jt04

To be fair these are up pretty high, the ones closer to guests will likely be a lot more noticeable. The biggest gripe I've seen anybody have with these is the claim that they're "seamless". They're not.
Up close they are obvious especially if viewed through a zoom lens. But from middle distances from what I can tell, it enhances the appearance. They are very well designed to blend in. And that is before we even see them illuminated. Very cool project. High hopes for what they will bring.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

All I want to see is the one million points of music light, those lights on spaceship earth are just another daytime eyesore. A light parade going down Main Street in daylight looks better than all this show hardware at Epcot.

jt04

I'mr really interested to see if these are going to cover every single location, particularly at the top and bottom.

The concept art seems to indicate they will. In other words, who knows?

But seriously, I hope they do. I don't mind the appearance at all. I mean all the FX lights when Innoventions opened were clearly visible. It's Epcot, they had new lighting technology, might as well display it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom