News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Mickeynerd17

VIDEO - New perimeter lighting package on show at EPCOT'S main entrance​

Epcot_Full_41199.jpg

Epcot_Full_41200.jpg

Damn, that's just beautiful. Definitely an exponential improvement from Leave a Legacy.

Sir_Cliff

It's baffling that they got the entrance so right and basically everything else so wrong.

I would personally prefer there be some original music mixed in, or at least nods to old attraction themes, but the fact that they avoided any Disney IP is excellent.
This is exactly what I was thinking!

It's been so puzzling to see them fail to build on all of the original EPCOT's strong points in so many other areas. For the entrance, though, the seem to have uniquely done exactly that and tried with significant success to recapture EPCOT Center at its best.

At the same time, they're installing giant, permanent concert equipment in the middle of World Showcase lagoon for yet another Disney animation greatest hits show.

Last edited:

Virtual Toad

This is exactly what I was thinking!

It's been so puzzling to see them fail to build on all of the original EPCOT's strong points in so many other areas. For the entrance, though, the seem to have uniquely done exactly that and tried with significant success to recapture EPCOT Center at its best.

At the same time, they're installing giant, permanent concert equipment in the middle of World Showcase lagoon for yet another Disney animation greatest hits show.
It's almost as if some members of the team are tempted to go "all in," but something-- or someone-- keeps holding them back.

Perhaps in the entrenched corporate interest of risk aversion. Or compromise. Or ROI. But the new entrance tells us someone there "gets it" and sees the possibilities.

Try to imagine a renewed EPCOT that truly returns to its roots. Without reservation. Without compromise. Without hesitation or apology.

With the state of our world today, at a perilous crossroads, yet with the incredible revolutionary potential of continued technological progress, we desperately need a unified and utopian vision of the future now more than ever before.

Something to inspire and change the world.

Something like EPCOT.

The new entrance obviously strikes a powerful and positive note-- and a positive chord among guests.

At least some at WDI are still capable of greatness when it comes to this park and all its untapped potential.

It's those voices Disney needs to spend more time listening to. Now that Innoventions West is almost gone, there's a great big beautiful canvas to work with. A gloriously blank page offering up a fantastic opportunity to change course.

And to finally set things right.

If only someone had the courage to make the call.

UNCgolf

The ribbon light is an outstanding change. It looks great! As things evolve, it almost looks like the front entrance belongs to a very different park than what actually sits beyond the entrance.

I had a somewhat similar thought -- as much as I love this new entrance, it may actually make the experience of the park itself just a little worse (for me personally; not for everyone). The entrance reminds me of EPCOT in its heyday when it was full of amazing pavilions/attractions and optimism for the future. It will be disappointing to go through that entrance and then come out into the park that actually exists today instead of the one that entrance suggests.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom