News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

CntrlFlPete

have the red/green/blue/white lights been always been running around the entrance area? was walking out of Epcot the other day and was just surprised at how they were flashing, changing color often, changing the speed in which they moved around the park--I thought when they were going to do something like this at the people mover they ended up just leaving it set on one color.

chaselights.jpg
chaselights2.jpg

trainplane3

have the red/green/blue/white lights been always been running around the entrance area? was walking out of Epcot the other day and was just surprised at how they were flashing, changing color often, changing the speed in which they moved around the park--I thought when they were going to do something like this at the people mover they ended up just leaving it set on one color.

View attachment 588533View attachment 588536
They were always static white up until this year. With the rest of the entrance, they were upgraded to do all sorts of nice color stuff. Even the lighting at the restrooms were upgraded. Everything is now full RGB. Default seems to be green on the right (World Nature), red on the left (World Discovery) but it'll also rest at blue with a nice "swooping" effect going on.

gcKhBf7.jpg
b4xGrix.jpg
wEKFMtl.jpg
uUVodcq.jpg

Crap quality but you can see the transition happening on the right:
iYIpnYT.jpg

brb1006

I was hoping for more subtle twinkling. This stuff is going to age pretty quickly. It already feels like a low resolution Jumbotron.
Or it could be the video quality, Twitter's video quality is odd at times. Maybe it will look better on Youtube.

britain

1632365580832.png
1632365621575.png

I mean, I guess this matches, but I thought that concept art was showing 2 bright lights and lots of dimmer lights across the flood-lit sphere.

Oh well, it's probably fine. There are far worse things at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom