AMC Theater Remodel

dcprules

Are these regular theaters or dine-in? Hard to tell how many of the theaters are getting recliner seats.
Dine in theaters. It looks like 16, 17, 18 are now open as dine in. 15 wasn’t opened yesterday but probably close to done. 19 and 20 there is a wall still blocking entrance to those. 21-24 screens are still running as of yesterday and they haven’t been remodeled yet. I was in 17 for Godzilla and in addition to recliners that have a heated feature (they can get hot) it was also a brand new screen and picture quality was great. I go to this theater at least weekly so know it pretty well.

I just know the Dine In theaters for sure are getting the full remodel but really hope the other theaters follow suit cause they need some improvement for sure.

halltd

You can take photos before a movie. Or in the corridors, etc... I’m dying to see this white carpet. Lol.
Since no one else would do it, I took some photos myself. The auditorium I was in wasn't upgraded yet, but here are some of the lobby, restrooms, and corridors. I think it looks really nice. I wish I had been in an upgraded auditorium. Someone else take pictures of that, please! :)

LOBBY: (those rectangles are tile, not carpet, btw). I had a feeling they didn't install white carpet!

RESTROOM: Again, that's white TILE, not carpet. LOL!

AUDITORIUM ENTRANCES:

GENERAL CORRIDOR CARPET: Also not white. :)

YodaMan

Since no one else would do it, I took some photos myself. The auditorium I was in wasn't upgraded yet, but here are some of the lobby, restrooms, and corridors. I think it looks really nice. I wish I had been in an upgraded auditorium. Someone else take pictures of that, please! :)

LOBBY: (those rectangles are tile, not carpet, btw). I had a feeling they didn't install white carpet!
View attachment 383756

RESTROOM: Again, that's white TILE, not carpet. LOL!
View attachment 383757

AUDITORIUM ENTRANCES:
View attachment 383758

GENERAL CORRIDOR CARPET: Also not white. :)
View attachment 383759

Ah, yes, you can mock my original post all you want about the white carpet. Obviously they realized the original pattern would get dirty far too fast and they switched it out before they completed the work. Sorry I didn’t think pictures were necessary but here are the photos from when they first begun installing the white and light grey carpet in February.
9072467E-221E-4C35-8729-C81272A51F09.jpeg

halltd

Ah, yes, you can mock my original post all you want about the white carpet. Obviously they realized the original pattern would get dirty far too fast and they switched it out before they completed the work. Sorry I didn’t think pictures were necessary but here are the photos from when they first begun installing the white and light grey carpet in February. View attachment 383880
Definitely lighter than what they ended up with, but still not white. 😉

WhatJaneSays

Stopped in last night for a movie and saw that the bathrooms at the main lobby where closed behind curtains. Off hand I though those bathrooms may have already been refurbed? If that was the case I'm not sure if there was some issue. They may not have been done yet, if that's the case ... well they're working on them now then.

mj2v

Stopped in last night for a movie and saw that the bathrooms at the main lobby where closed behind curtains. Off hand I though those bathrooms may have already been refurbed? If that was the case I'm not sure if there was some issue. They may not have been done yet, if that's the case ... well they're working on them now then.
They were the last bathrooms to be done. They are now open.

Movielover

Man you think with all the money and time they could have at least removed and clean up the trash from this area... that MIB standee is just sitting there! ;)

WhatJaneSays

The kitchen area is currently being redone. During this time they are not offering the Dine In menu. No ETA on when that will be complete, but it's not expected to take to long.

mj2v

Looks like this should be just about complete. The final Dine-In theaters (22-24) seem to come back online this weekend based on showtimes and then I believe there is no work left to finish.
2 of the theaters to the left when you walk in on the Planet Hollywood side were open today.

Brianshaunv

Are they adding a second Dolby screen. I reserved Tenet’s early access showing in Dolby Cinema and couldn’t help but notice they have a 5pm and 7pm showing for the film in Dolby Cinema and the film is 2 hours and 30 minutes... oh and the Dolby showing at 7pm is in Auditorium 12...

mj2v

Are they adding a second Dolby screen. I reserved Tenet’s early access showing in Dolby Cinema and couldn’t help but notice they have a 5pm and 7pm showing for the film in Dolby Cinema and the film is 2 hours and 30 minutes... oh and the Dolby showing at 7pm is in Auditorium 12...
Pretty sure it was an error. The 5pm show is marked as sold out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom