News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

Jwhee

!? This has to be a joke!

I guess this "EPCOT Forever" show is their version of a funeral for what we know and love as Epcot. Such a shame really. We dont want a show celebrating the closed & past relics of the park~ we want a new show that IS EPCOT; Entertain, Inform, Inspire.

Last edited:

trainplane3

I'm glad I have a trip planned for this temporary show more then the permanent replacement. This sounds better then hearing how Disney music inspires people...

Edit: Literally, I have a trip planned for the temporary show. I'm hoping to catch the final RoE and then EF the next night. Obviously dates aren't solid but we have a stay locked in already.

Last edited:

Kman101

They really don’t know what Epcot’s about, do they?

They haven't since 1994.

It's just more blatant now.

But the average guests will eat up the new show. I can already see them crowing how perfectly tied to Epcot and World Showcase it is. Sounds like whoever is designing the show tried to come up with the best way to tie in IP. I'm disappointed, not surprised. Also not 100% writing it off, I'll give it a shot because, well, it's happening, so we'll see how they present it. But it's a real shame they don't get it.

surfsupdon

Hope there is still a focus on fireworks!!! They were not mentioned by name, but I think we can assume there was pyro in the photo.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Well, it's more timeless, classic, family friendly ... right up Uncle Bob "it's not a museum" Chapek's alley.

And yep. It's whatever they want it to be. Too bad they still have no clue what that is.
Well, there's always the possibility that Epcot Forever proves very popular, and/or the new show runs into major technical hurdles, and they decide to keep Epcot Forever.... Right? Right?

jrhwdw

I guess Epcot could leave WSL dark till 2020 or 2021(saw both dates on Twitter) if we don't want a show with classic EPCOT CENTER music! I thought we liked EPCOT CENTER?!?!!?!

Anyway back to the show, the concept art only shows pyro, will any fountains be there? Or do they have to be out to get ready for the next show?

Kman101

Well, there's always the possibility that Epcot Forever proves very popular, and/or the new show runs into major technical hurdles, and they decide to keep Epcot Forever.... Right? Right?

I'm already praying! LOL. Even if I don't end up disliking the IP-fest new show, I'm just really excited for Epcot Forever already, lol. I hope guests push for it to stay. Not that they'll listen but still ... maybe something could shift. The IP fest seems more suited as the interim show to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom